A/H Medical Assistant - Phones - Temporary
- PRIMARY FUNCTION
- Perform clinical care, via telephone, essential to the assessment, promotion, maintenance and restoration of patient’s health and wellness using our telephone communication access protocol and clinical advice algorithm manual.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Obtain brief summary of patients concerns and/or complaints over the phone.
- To properly obtain and confirm patients/caller information abiding to HIPPA law.
- Collect all necessary and pertinent clinical information over the phone to facilitate the timely and accurate physician follow up via phone.
- Complete prescription refills for authorization by provider.
- Provide prescription information to pharmacies using our internal resources (E.H.R refill notes/paper phone notes).
- Fill out any necessary paper work for patients (school forms, medication authorization forms)
- Complete any necessary referrals requested by telephone contact for provider approval
- Make telephone calls to specialists to assist with obtaining stat appointments for our patients.
- Set up durable medical equipment delivery or home therapies.
- To provide medical guidance using our Telephone Clinical Triage algorithm manual.
- To document all medical questions and messages for providers and label them properly using our telephone communication access guideline/protocol.
- To document any medical advice given over the phone.
- To call hospitals, specialist offices and pharmacies to obtain any needed clinical information (Lab results, imaging, and prescription information.
- Attending any necessary training/meetings to be up to date on protocol changes and available training.
- To assist in the completion of records releases responsibilities.
- To schedule appointments using clinical prioritizing protocols and our scheduling policies ( walk in policy)
- PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- MA Diploma or Certification
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- None Specified
- Minimum of 1-2 years Medical Assistant experience or strong recommendation by Leadership.