Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
The Hearing and Vision Screening Assistant is primarily responsible for performing hearing and vision screenings to maintain patient’s health and wellness. Assists with various other clerical assignments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Escorts patients to and from waiting area. Performs hearing and vision screenings.
- Assists in the collection of weight and height measurements for patients 3 years and up.
- Assists in the completion of sports, camp and school forms including Florida Shots forms.
- Reviews records and assists in the daily completion of the immunizations review process.
- Assists parent with completing visit questionnaires.
- Assists in the preparation of educational handouts.
- Prepares, cleans and stocks exam rooms for patient workups.
EDUCATION: Current High School attendee age 16 or older.
EXPERIENCE: One year of work experience in a medical office setting preferred. Willing to train the right individual. Knowledge of computers desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to perform hearing and vision screening
- Able to read and interpret immunization schedule
- Basic knowledge of immunization requirements for children
- Maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Full range of body motion including handling patient, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination
- Standing and walking for extensive periods of time
- Occasionally lifts and carries item weighing up to 50 pounds
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range
- Minimal exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medical preparations and other conditions common to an office environment
OTHER PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Sense of sound
- Sense of touch
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Follows any HIPPA, OSHA and Safety requirements for rooms and documentation.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI (Protected Health Information) in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.