: The internal auditor will implement and maintain an organizational wide auditsystem to monitor and analyze procedures and activities of the business. Identify and record discrepancies related to the organizational processes. The auditor will regularly examine the company's compliance with established policies and procedures, internal organizational rules and regulations and external rules and regulations set by state and federal government bodies. SUPERVISION RECEIVED:
Reportsto Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer. SUMMARY:
Administers the internal auditing program for Pediatric Associates as it relates to business management initiatives and regulatory compliance. Performs internal audits for all departments to include Finance, Procurement, Human Resources, Operations, Administrative and others. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
Education / Licensure
- Examine the facts and figures presented by the company with an unbiased attitude and detached approach.
- Develops an annual (or as required) internal audit plan and checklists.
- Advises management and governing body on ways to improve performance through methodical audits.
- Ensures that all policies and principles designed for internal audits are meticulously followed. Verifies whether the internal accounting procedures and operating systems are adequate and on track.
- Ensures the company fully complies with the regulations laid down by authorized legal bodies and thus troubleshoots any problem that might occur during auditing.
- Safeguards Pediatric Associates from legal hassles and identifies problems and gives the company a scope to correct the issues at hand.
- Evaluates the possible risks and devises risk management procedures with special attention to the key risk areas. Facilitates in PA’s growth by protecting its assets.
:A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, mathematics or related field required. 3-5 years of internal auditing experience required. Healthcare experience required. Certified by the Institute of Internal Auditors preferred. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be skilled in an internal auditing, management reporting, risk and control assessment, business analysis, and efficient in conducting an audit.
- Must be skillful in understanding the requirements of corporate management.
- Must have knowledge of healthcare rules and regulations.
- Must create a healthy balance of risk management approaches instead of extreme risk-taking or avoiding issues.
- Must be a keen observerand must have good decision making skills.
- Must be honest and unbiased and report the facts as they are.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and have good analytical skills.
- Knowledge of audit laws and regulations.