PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for the day-to-day benefit administration function including implementation, administration and communication of Company’s health, welfare and retirement plans.
REPORTS TO: Reports directly to the Sr. HR Manager.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- Administers benefit plan enrollments, wellness initiatives, terminations and qualifying events.
- Ensures new hire enrollments are completed and processed timely and that all required documentation has been provided.
- Serve as front line, primary contact for the Benefits Department. Assists employees with their benefit related questions and concerns.
- Prepares and reconciles bi-weekly and semi-monthly 401k contributions, loan repayments and Employer Match.
- Receives and processes all vendor inbound benefit deduction changes consistent with payroll deadlines.
- Remits all outbound deduction files to vendors.
- Reconciles and processes all benefit deductions, invoices and prepares check requests and/or ACH requests in a timely manner.
- Researches discrepancies generated during monthly invoice to enrollment reconciliations and makes adjustments as needed.
- Ensures benefit materials and communications are up-to-date and accessible via the ADP Portal.
- Works with Benefits Supervisor to ensure that all plans are administered in accordance to plan documents.
- Ensures compliance with all federal programs including HIPAA, COBRA, ADA and FMLA.
- Assists with annual plan audits, non-discrimination testing and Form 5500 filings, and Open Enrollment.
- Runs employee census and enrollment reports as needed.
- Complete Employer Intake Forms for short term and long-term disability claims.
- Enters all benefit adjustments and Medical Expense Reimbursements in pay data batches each pay period.
- Previews payroll to ensure adjustments are correct prior to submission.
- Will perform additional duties as assigned.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Working in an office environment. Involves frequent telephone interaction. May require sitting or standing for long periods; also stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies. Occasionally lifting files, boxes weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, type at 35 wpm, operate projector, copier, and such other office and training equipment as necessary. Must be able to communicate clearly and present to small - large groups. It is necessary to view and type on computer screens for long periods and to work in a high volume environment.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information, including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in a related field a plus but not required.
Licensure/Certification: CBP preferred but not required.
Experience: Three years of related experience. Knowledge in ADP Benefits Module a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Reporting skills, analyzing information, presentation skills, verbal and written communication, compensation and wage structure, invoice reconciliation, confidentiality, developing standards, orienting employees, results oriented and strong interpersonal skills.