Business Operations Integration Manager
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for the successful management of business operations transformation/integration of acquired practices as part of Pediatric Associate’s growth strategy. Responsible areas of transformation would include but not limited to:
- Front Office Operations - Check in, Check out, New Patient registration
- Patient Contact/Call Center
- Revenue Cycle Management - insurance verification, posting
- Marketing plans
REPORTS TO: Reports to the Vice President of Integration.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Oversees support staff as needed when they are on-site during implementation of new processes or technology systems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- Due Diligence - Assuring approved acquisitions and partnerships’ core operations are vetted in responsible areas of transformation
- Review existing processes, resources and systems within acquisition targets
- Identify and collaborate on prioritization of necessary changes needed to support the business goals
- Develop and reference set criteria to evaluate acquisition targets.
- Identify any potential risks regarding current policies or processes
- Transition Integration - On site management of the successful integration of acquired practices in responsible areas of transformation.
- Assess the engagement, professional skills, and training needs of staff in order to identify the change impact on staff, process, & policy
- Assist with development plans for area workflow changes that support long term success
- Facilitate implementation of first priority operational integration changes determined by Senior Leadership
- Develop successful and regular communication including feedback loop with the Vice President of Integration.
- Oversee day-to-day change management activities and regularly analyze measurable performance as they relate to the stated goals.
- Manage and give direction to support training staff when needed during implementation.
- Collaborate with core business and acquisition department managers to ensure successful integration in the first year.
- Post Integration - Transition areas of responsibility to practice operations team
- Develop a transition document detailing successes and challenges of integration including upcoming plans and continued opportunities for development
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Working in a professional office environment. Extensive travel will be required between PA locations and corporate headquarters.
Successfully manage Pediatric Associates’ clinical practice integration and transformation efforts on site at new acquisition targets.
- Experienced leadership and expertise in direct management of business operations.
- Knowledge of and experience in developing workflow plans with subsequent training, implementation and performance analysis as it relates to corporate goals.
- Excellent communicator and team leader influencing peers and employees effectively in order to achieve stated goals.
- Performance driven and accountable to establish team and individual goals, monitor and report to senior management.
- The ability to represent the Company both internally and externally in order to forward organizational goals and initiatives.
- Skilled with interpreting business analytics as well as developing regular reporting for staff, peers and senior management
Experience (Required): A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in a primary care or multispecialty clinical setting, including at least 2 in a management position with proven success of implementing change and support of corporate mission.
Education: Associates degree in business or a related field.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in business, health care administration or a related field. Agile and/or other project management certification.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Accelerated knowledge and expertise in front office operations, managed care, and health care settings; current knowledge of best practices in practice management and operations.