PRIMARY FUNCTION: Pediatric Associates is a patient focused practice. Our goal is to offer the best experience for our patients at all times. The primary function of the Care Promoter is to answer inbound phone calls and automated requests from Hospital Facilities and other Health Care Systems to promote coordination of care with the primary care provider in support of our mission, goals and values.
REPORTS TO: Reports directly to the Senior Manager, PCC Training and Operations
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
1. Answer inbound calls and requests by hospital and other healthcare providers in a professional and timely manner and provide accurate answers to their requests and queries
2. Follow prepared scripts based on call type
3. Data entry and processing of patient medical information
4. Route and triage inbound calls and requests using established clinical prioritizing protocols
5. Utilize electronic records and scheduling systems to monitor where and when clinicians are scheduled and route calls and notifications accordingly
6. Document all questions and messages for receiving teams and label them properly using our Telephone communication access protocol
7. Complete any necessary referrals requested by Hospitals/Specialists for Care Management/Clinician approval
8. Work closely with Care Management team to help coordinate discharge planning and utilization management
9. Properly obtain and confirm patients/caller information abiding by HIPAA law
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Working in an office environment. Involves frequent telephone contact interaction. May require sitting for long periods; also stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies. Occasionally lifting files, boxes weighing up to 10 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, type at 35 wpm, operate, copier, and such other office equipment as necessary. Must be able to communicate clearly. It is necessary to view and type on computer screens for long periods and to work in a high volume environment.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Required: Medical Assistant diploma/ certificate
Minimum of 1-3 years of previous healthcare experience required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Knowledge of Medical Terminology
Ability to meet established standards within all performance criteria
* Must be able to identify complex problems and review established guidelines to evaluate options and find solutions
* Ability to de-escalate situations involving dissatisfied callers, offering caller assistance and support
* Must have strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* Strong multi-tasking skills with attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness