Charge Posting Representative
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Post all charges and payments assigned within the EDI tank of the practice management system. The Charge Posting Representative will verify each charge within EHR and post charges and payments based on set standards. The Charge Posting Representative will also be responsible for completing reconciliation reports to ensure accuracy.
REPORTS TO: Reports to Charge Posting Manager
SUPERVISIORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- Communicates with offices via email to obtain list of charges/payments for the prior business day.
- Reviews each charge within the practice management system and EHR to confirm accuracy.
- Edits charges as dictated by Interface Charge Errors and CCI Edits.
- Posts charges manually as needed per PA protocol.
- Posts payments per PA protocol.
- Completes the Daysheet Batch Review to confirm accuracy within each batch.
- Completes reconciliation reports to confirm accuracy within each batch.
- Close batches per PA protocol.
- Meet quality requirements and productivity standards as determined
Typical Working Conditions: Working in a professional office environment. The position requires ability to sit for long periods of time. Clear and concise communication using e-mail and phone is necessary. May require sitting or standing for long periods, including stooping, bending & stretching. Requires, occasional lifting of files and boxes weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, type at 35 wpm, operate copier, and other office equipment as necessary.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: 1-2 years minimum experience. Must be detail-oriented and able to read and identify a high-volume of various documents such as medical records, lab results, consultation notes, prescription refills, physician orders, and all other communication to PA received via fax server.