Chief of Staff
Preferred locations are greater Ft. Lauderdale or Dallas, remote candidates will be considered.
The Chief of Staff is a high-visibility strategic partner that supports the CEO with effective decision-making, project management, and execution of strategic initiatives across all portfolio companies. The Chief of Staff provides the organizational and communication framework for customers, employees, and leadership team members to implement the CEO’s vision and achieve annual goals. The Chief of Staff lives in the future and focuses on long-term planning and projects to ensure the growth of the organization and the success of the CEO.
- Build and lead the daily operations of the executive office
- Build and run cadence for leadership meetings, board meetings, and leadership offsites, including structuring and helping to deliver company-wide communication
- Lead cross-functional strategic initiatives, facilitate special projects, and ensure action items are executed on behalf of the CEO
- Operate at a tactical, strategic, and operational level, handling the oversight of projects that do not neatly fit within the organizational chart or that fall between departments or leadership areas of responsibility
- Acts as an extension of the CEO and information funnel, filter, and facilitator with internal and external stakeholders
- Assess all inquiries directed to the CEO, determine priority and the proper course of action
- Act as the point of contact for the CEO’s direct reports. Triage all incoming requests for the executive’s time and work collaboratively with the CEO’s Executive Assistant to ensure his calendar is aligned with the priorities of the organization
- Proactively follow up with the CEO’s team if and when goals are not being achieved to determine why objectives are not being met. Provide actionable recommendations for improvement
- Promote team integration as well as cross-functional communication and collaboration
- Manage key relationships and build a process to track and nurture key stakeholders, investors, and clients
- Track high priority initiatives for the CEO to identify and resolve any/potential obstacles
- Serve as a thought partner and strategic advisor to CEO, standing in on meetings, challenging ideas and offering a unique perspective, and following up on action items with the team accordingly
- Provide analysis, recommendations, and options to the CEO regarding high impact decisions
- Manage the CEO’s brand & reputation
EDUCATION: BS/BA required; MBA preferred
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 8 years of professional experience required.
- Prior healthcare experience
- Prior private equity banking experience
- Prior big three consulting experience
- Strong financial acumen
- Strong business analytics and systems skills