REPORTS TO: Reports directly to the Clinical Manager.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- Perform hearing and vision screenings as needed.
- Assist in the completion of sports, camp and school forms. Including Florida Shots forms.
- Review records and assist in the completion of the immunizations review process.
- Follow any HIPPA, OSHA and Safety requirements for rooms and documentation.
- Escorting patients to and from waiting area.
- Complete height, weight and temperature.
- Assist parent with visit questionnaires.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Working in a professional medical office environment. The position involves high & frequent call volumes. Environment requires ability to multi-task, communicate clearly & concise, data entry for extended period of times. May require sitting or standing for long periods, including stooping, bending & stretching for files and supplies. Requires, occasional lifting of files and boxes weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, type at 35 wpm, operate calculator, copier, and such other office equipment as necessary.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
Education:Current High School Attendee age 17 or older.
*Upon hire, and for the duration of the employment period driver’s license must be active and valid.*
Experience: Prefer one year work experience in a medical office setting, but willing to train the right individual. Knowledge of computer desired.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Ability to perform hearing and vision screening. Able to read and interpret immunization schedule. Knowledge of immunization requirements for children. Maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.