- PRIMARY FUNCTION
- Assist in managing and administering the clinical services and operations in the office. Perform clinical care essential to the assessment, promotion, maintenance and restoration of patient’s health and wellness.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- Understands office staffing calculations and approved budget and works diligently with the Human Resources department to recruit, interview and hire and maintain the appropriate number of staff members the office needs.
- Identifies and develops future leadership. Trains the Assistant Managers to their full capabilities to ensure that they can cover all management areas in the event that the manager is out.
- Assigns the Assistant Clinical Manager as "acting Manager" at least once a week to ensure development and management proficiency.
- Identifies and develops in-office Mentors/Trainers that are assigned to train and develop all new clinical employees.
- Supervises and participates in the mentoring and training process for all clinical staff members.
- Ensures that there is a constructive, positive and productive work environment.
- Creates weekly employee schedules and delegates office responsibilities.
- Communicates with the staff in a professional, clear and positive way.
- Schedules, coordinates, and conducts monthly staff meetings to educate the staff on all new initiatives and policies.
- Utilizes positive and constructive management skills to build collaboration and teamwork.
- Actively participates in the evaluation and improvement of the patient care flow and work efficiency.
- Actively works alongside the staff working up patients and moving the flow, especially during critical hours (Beginning of session, lunch break transitions or end of sessions)
- Supervises that the office has all medical equipment needed and is proactive in requesting assistance in the acquisition of new equipment or repair of current equipment.
- Promotes employee appreciation activities and actively participates in the coordination of office team building activities (Maximize the use of employee appreciation budget)
- Promotes and provides great customer service to patients and families and supervises that the staff also provides a high level customer service.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and understanding of office budget and goals
- Strives to achieve practice and office goals.
- Shows individual initiative
- Identifies, analyzes and solves problems
- Resolves staff conflicts diplomatically and tactfully
- Assists physicians with patient care and in emergency situations
- Capable of performing all medical assistant and assistant clinical manager duties
- Oversees stocking (vaccine refrigerator, exam rooms and stations) and cleaning (exam rooms, bathrooms and nurse’s stations), as needed
- Responsible for processing medical record requests
- Prepares and arranges vaccine transfers
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology and immunization requirements for children
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation with the ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instruction
- PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- L.P.N. or R.N. certification or M/A diploma required, active CPR certification
- Prefer one to three years work experience in a medical office setting. Knowledge of computer required
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.