- PRIMARY FUNCTION
- Works A/R unpaid accounts by contacting patients and or insurance companies.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Performs collection actions including contacting patients by telephone.
- Inputs or updates insurance information when appropriate
- Works mail correspondence.
- Works collection pool denials / clearing house rejections daily.
- Works ad-hoc AR reports as assigned by Manager.
- Works special projects as a assigned by Manager.
- Verifies insurance eligibility / PCP / patient benefits to reconcile denied claims.
- Processes appeals to insurance.
- Assists other groups within department on incoming patient calls when necessary.
- Other various duties as assigned, including cross training in other functional areas.
- PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of billing and collection policies and procedures, all types of insurance (HMO, PPO, POS, Medicaid etc.) Skill in defining problems, collection of data, interpreting billing information. Ability to communicate effectively and clearly.
- Three years of insurance/collection experience in a medical environment preferred.