PRIMARY FUNCTION: Supports the Managed Care negotiation and contracting processes with responsibility for contract administration functions. This includes maintenance of all contracts, fee schedules, contract overviews, payor correspondence and updates. Ensures and manages the contract execution process.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
1. Manages the contract work flow and administration process through contract execution.
2. Ensures accuracy of all payor contracts, Fee Schedules and Contract Overviews and maintains the organization Sharepoint site
3. Assists in the development and documentation of fee schedule analysis and databases
4. Researches state and federal guidelines and communicates updates which impact the organization
5. Acts as an internal liaison between the Managed Care team, all internal departments, and payors with multi state responsibility
6. Maintains understanding of Managed Care principals, account management standards, and foundational awareness of payor contracting
7. Supports acquisition due diligence processes, special projects, policies & procedure development, and programming within the department to improve department processes and efficiencies
8. Maintains internal and outward facing relationships and communication with payors, inter and intra-departmental staff and leaders to achieve position goals.
9. Schedules internal and external meetings/conference calls and prepares related agendas and materials. Coordinates meeting room set up including collaborating with IT to ensure all needed technology (phones, webinars, teleconference, etc.) are available and ready in advance of meeting.
10. Attends meetings and drafts concise, accurate, and timely meeting minutes for distribution and organize within a repository.
11. Maintains department documents and ensures filing is organized and current.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Working in an office environment. Involves frequent telephone interaction. May require sitting, walking, or standing for long periods; also stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies. Occasionally lifting files, boxes and items weighing up to 20 pounds or less. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, type at 35 wpm, operate projector, copier, and such other office and training equipment as necessary. Must be able to communicate clearly and present to small - large groups. It is necessary to view and type on computer screens for long periods and to work in a high volume environment.
Additional Environmental Conditions & Requirements:
* Indoor work setting
* Ability to Operate a Computer
* Ability to Push/Pull 13lb-25lbs
* Handling/Fingering (ability to manipulate items with the hands and/or fingers)
* Sense of Touch
* Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required in related field or equivalent Managed Care experience (minimum of 3 years).
Experience: At least 1-3 years’ experience in healthcare setting required. Experience in project development and data analysis preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Organizational skills
* Strong analytical skills
* Ability to multi-task and work independently
* Interpersonal skills
* Strong MS Office skills required, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access.