POSITION SUMMARY: We are seeking a highly motivated Data Engineer I to help expand and optimize our data warehouse and data pipeline architecture. The Data Engineer I will support the Business Analytics department on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery that is consistent, accurate and timely.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Our team is specialized in healthcare analytics and data management focused on improving the quality and efficiency of pediatric care. The right candidate will complement the team by bringing an expertise in successfully manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
As a team member, the Data Engineer I will be evolving and optimizing our data pipeline architecture, data flows and data collection initiatives in order to make data accessible to PA and external partners. He/she will work closely with multiple stakeholders to understand data requirements and build appropriate solutions that meet or exceed those needs.
SUPERVISIORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- Builds scalable and reliable data integration solutions which are flexible and scalable.
- Builds and maintains the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Helps develop and manage an enterprise scale Data Warehouse/Lake
- Supports ETL Batch processing.
- Collaborates with team members to build optimal and efficient ETL and Database code.
- Produces dynamic, data driven solutions to support the strategic business goals.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher. Relevant major’s preferred (Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology.)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of various ETL techniques and frameworks
- Experience with ETL tools preferably SSIS
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with SSAS
- Expert in writing efficient SQL Queries.
- Experience or understanding of programming languages like Python, C#
- May occasionally work a non-standard shift including nights and/or weekends and/or have on-call responsibilities.
- Although some healthcare experience is ideal, a willingness and ability to learn these concepts quickly will suffice. Must be detail oriented and have a strong desire to produce accurate metrics and reports with minimal supervision.
Experience: 0-2 years’ of building and maintaining ETL pipelines. Health Industry experience a plus but not necessary. Big data experience a plus.