DATA ENGINEER II, IT
- Must have experience designing, building and supporting data engineering solutions!
- Strong experience with Python programming skills for building data pipelines
- Proficient in SQL, ETL and data integrations solutions and cloud-based data platforms.
Here we Grow! Because the need to care for children in this age is growing and changing, we are looking for an intelligent, caring Data Engineer II, IT who will join a mission-driven group that is focused on the health of children and the well-being of the family from an operational perspective. Our healthcare practice has grown from its South Florida roots since 1955 across Texas, California, Arizona, New York and there is more to come. At Pediatric Associates, our employees receive competitive salary, a generous PTO program, competitive benefits including a 401K with a Company match of up to 3.5%. With over 65 years of providing LOVING CARE to our patients, we offer the stability and security of an established practice with the excitement of a growing healthcare organization.
Apply on-line, email or call us directly, and learn why this is a rewarding career move for you! This is a wonderful time to join our Big Orange PA Family!
Benefits at a glance:
- 3 Comprehensive Medical Plans
- Part Time Medical Plan
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Company Paid
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Company Paid
- Short Term Disability (STD)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Voluntary Benefit Plans
- Life Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
The Data Engineer II is responsible for building a leading-edge Data & Analytics platform for enabling value-based healthcare, population health management, and enterprise analytics. Designs, develops, maintains, and supports the cloud-based (Microsoft Azure) big data platform and uses modern data engineering design patterns and tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Designs, builds and maintains scalable, automated data pipelines to enable Reporting, Data Visualization, Advanced Analytics, Data Science, and Machine Learning solutions.
- Supports critical data pipelines with a scalable distributed architecture, including data ingestion (streaming, events, and batch), data integration (ETL, ELT, Azure Data Factory), and distributed data processing using Databricks Data & Analytics and Azure Cloud Technology Stacks.
- Builds cloud data solutions using multiple technologies, such as SQL, Python, Data Lake (Databricks Delta Lake), Cloud Data Warehouse (Azure Synapse), RDBMS, NoSQL databases.
- Understands and implements best practices in managing data, including master data, reference data, metadata, data quality, and lineage.
- Deploys, automates, maintains, and manages cloud-based production systems to ensure the availability, performance, scalability, and security of production systems.
- Engages with cross-functional stakeholders to identify pain points, business and technical requirements, and to design data solutions using best-practice patterns and modern architecture.
- Owns end-to-end design and development, testing, the release of critical components using Databricks technology stack and Microsoft Azure cloud platforms and services.
EDUCATION: Minimum BA or BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field required. MS in Business Analytics or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in creating robust enterprise-grade data engineering pipelines using SQL, Python, Apache Spark, ETL, ELT, Databricks Technology Stack, Azure Cloud Services, Cloud-based Data and Analytics platforms required. 4-5 years preferred.
- Strong proficiency in SQL and data analysis required.
- Experience in distributed data (structured, semi-structured, unstructured, streaming) processing techniques using Apache Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, and big data ecosystem technologies preferred.
- Experience in data modeling and design for data warehouse, relational databases, and NoSQL data stores preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Familiarity with Data Science and Machine Learning technologies, development process, and common Machine Learning libraries (e.g., Scikit-Learn, Tensorflow).
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to influence decisions related to advanced analytics strategy & roadmaps, business use cases, and data platform capabilities.
- Effective communication and collaboration with internal cross functional teams, leadership team, technology partners & vendors, and end users.
- Excellent analytical, organizational skills and ability to work in a startup environment and to deliver on tight deadlines using Agile practices.
- Healthcare industry experience highly desired.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Non-patient facing
- May be either full time remote/telework or rotate working in the office and remote/telework
- If remote, this job must be U.S. based
- Indoor work; professional office environment
- Operating computer
- Reach outward
OTHER PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Sense of sound
- Sense of touch
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI (Protected Health Information) in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
Beginning October 15, 2021, all new hires must demonstrate they are fully vaccinated for Covid-19 by their first day of employment.