Data Engineer II (Remote)
DATA ENGINEER II
- Minimum 3+ years building and maintaining ETL pipelines
- Health Insurance industry experience a plus
- Big Data experience also a plus
Here we Grow! Because the need to care for children in this age is growing and changing, we are looking for an intelligent, caring Regional Practice Administrator who will join a mission-driven group that is focused on the health of children and the well-being of the family from an operational perspective. Our healthcare practice has grown from its South Florida roots since 1955 across Texas, California, Arizona, New York and there is more to come. At Pediatric Associates, our employees receive competitive salary, a generous PTO program, competitive benefits including a 401K with a Company match of up to 3.5%. With over 65 years of providing LOVING CARE to our patients, we offer the stability and security of an established practice with the excitement of a growing healthcare organization.
Apply on line, email or call us directly, and learn why this is a rewarding career move for you! This is a wonderful time to join our Big Orange PA Family!
Benefits at a glance:
- 3 Comprehensive Medical Plans
- Part Time Medical Plan
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Company Paid
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Company Paid
- Short Term Disability (STD)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Voluntary Benefit Plans
- Life Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Data Engineer II is responsible for developing and maintaining state of the art data pipelines to make data accessible to PA and external partners. As a Data Engineer II you will be expected to drive the data strategy and implement best practices for data collection, data pipelines, usage and infrastructure. He/she will work closely with multiple stakeholders to understand data requirements and build appropriate solutions that meet or exceed those needs.
REPORTS TO: Reports directly to Analytics Management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
1. Helps develop and manage an enterprise-scale Data Warehouse/Lake. Implementing best practices for data collection, data pipelines, usage and infrastructure.
2. Builds scalable and reliable data pipelines producing high quality data, reconcile data issues and alerts finding opportunities to innovate and drive improvements
3. Execute new data engineering work tracks for data science/analytics from inception and prototyping to fully developed solutions.
4. Builds/maintains effective visual presentations and analytical dashboards using PowerBI and other tools to present analytical findings
5. Builds and maintains Scalable Multidimensional Databases (OLAP)
6. Handling large volumes of data in a variety of formats for preparation of data insights/data ingestion.
7. Produces dynamic, data-driven solutions to support strategic business goals.
8. Develops data models/data architecture ensuring consistency in naming conventions, default values, semantics, while ensuring quality of the data
9. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
* Indoor Work
* Operating Computer
* Reach Outward
* Manual Dexterity
Other Physical Requirements
* Sense of Sound
* Sense of Touch
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology or related field required. Graduate degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 3 years of building and maintaining ETL pipelines experience required. Health Insurance industry experience a plus but not necessary. Big data experience a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Knowledge of various ETL techniques and frameworks
* Advanced level experience with ETL tools, preferably SSIS. Knowledge of modern data warehouse technology such as Airflow, Kafka, Spark a plus.
* Advanced Level experience with Microsoft SQL Server
* Expert in writing efficient SQL and MDX queries.
* Experience in database modeling and design.
* Experience using visualization tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, etc.
* Programming skills (i.e. Python, C#, R, Java)
* May occasionally work a non-standard shift including nights and/or weekends and/or have on-call responsibilities.
* Although some healthcare experience is ideal, a willingness and ability to learn these concepts quickly will suffice. Must be detail-oriented and have a strong desire to produce accurate metrics and reports with minimal supervision.
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.