Director of Revenue Cycle Management
- PRIMARY FUNCTION
- This position is responsible for the planning, organizing and executing day to day operations of claims processing, collections and payment functions for the organization. This position will establish effective claims management processes and controls to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of claim submissions, collections effort and payment distribution in compliance with all regulations. Additionally, this position will proactively identify, develop and execute solutions to improve overall effectiveness and efficiency within this Billing and Collections area, as well as manage team performance to meet and exceed key metrics.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Supervise team of Revenue Cycle managers and representatives.
- Ensure that collection agents are prompt in following up on denied or rejection claims to ensure prompt payment.
- Implement approved billing and collection procedures across the company.
- Implement company billing policies and standards.
- Provide CFO with billing and collection reports.
- Ensure department remains compliant with HIPAA and company policies.
- Oversee A/R and make sure claims are addressed in a timely manner to ensure prompt payment.
- Develop and enforce company policies and procedures.
- Keep CFO informed of department productivity, deficiencies and issues.
- Evaluates performance and recommends merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions.
- Create and maintain training program for billing staff.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
- BA/BS degree or commensurate experience.
- None Specified
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated excellent facilitation and relationship-building skills
- Ability to work in dynamic environment and oversee multiple initiatives
- Ability to identify problems, troubleshoot and recommend corrective actions
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to multi-task high priority projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present information in a group setting to internal and external audiences
- Ability to evaluate, and recommend process alternatives.
- Experience managing accounts with partial payments, non-payments and overpayments
- Experience participating in the development and implementation of billing, collections and reporting systems
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a health care company with direct accountability for managing billing and collections team