The Director, Talent Acquisition, reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, is responsible for the strategic direction and roadmap of the talent acquisition function in support of the PA business strategy and objectives. The Director, TA is integral to PA's ability to grow and scale across existing and new markets. The leader will be conversant in best practices for hiring process design, recruiting tools/resources, sourcing techniques, employer brand development, workforce planning, and use of data to inform the design, execution and success of talent acquisition, onboarding and retention strategies.
Provides leadership, strategic vision and direction to the clinical and non-clinical recruitment team in order to meet the organization’s staffing needs and growth initiatives. Uses a data driven approach to educate, and advise the PA leadership team on best practices, and market conditions influencing the recruiting and talent retention landscape.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- Sourcing & Selection: Develop and implement sourcing and selection strategies that support a highly qualified and diverse clinical staff of physicians, advanced practice providers, medical staff and professionals. Develop cost-effective tools, systems, programs and relationships that provide a positive ROI and align to support organizational goals. Partner’s with Marketing staff, Human Resources, the Clinical Advisory Committee and other stakeholders to collaborate and effectively build and implement targeted outreach and recruiting strategies.
- Build a Team: Build and develop an outstanding team of recruitment professionals that are viewed as experts in recruiting, sourcing, selection and ambassadors of the PA employment brand. Implement a results-oriented/pay for performance culture through effective leadership, communication, coaching and change management. Provides strategic and operational leadership, oversight, and direction to the Talent Acquisition team and function within the organization
- Planning: Work with management stakeholders to design, execute and monitor clinical and non-clinical staffing plans based on market data, financial, and competitive analysis. Accelerate the process of sourcing critical talent using competitive market research and industry insights to achieve the company’s strategic goals. Partner and act as a key stakeholder and leader in planning around clinician compensation, benefits and overall value proposition.
- Customer Experience: Develop, measure, and continuously maintain a superior customer experience for candidates and hiring managers from initial contact through effective onboarding. Implement surveys to measure the candidate and hiring manager experience.
- Onboarding and Retention Strategy: Design and implement a holistic onboarding experience that reflects positively on Pediatric Associates and ensures the success of new clinicians and employees across the organization. Collaborates with Human Resources peers to design and develop short and long-term employee retention programs and strategies.
- Measurement: Develop and implement best in class KPI’s and systems to track, monitor, and report metrics and results to internal stakeholders. Drive enhanced metrics and reporting that provide leading indicators, reflect measurable results and actionable deliverables. Review, analyze and communicate market data to PA leadership to help support the organization’s growth initiatives.
- Department Management: Effectively manages department resources and budgets, implementing productivity enhancing and cost control initiatives. Provides progressive leadership and change management for clinical and non-clinical recruitment staff. Creates a culture that maximizes the talents, skill set and development of the department team. Ensures compliance with Company policies, federal and state regulations, and legal requirements.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Working in a professional office environment. Regular travel to other Pediatric Associate offices may be required.
- Develops and executes continuously evolving strategies to source and select high quality talent in a highly competitive environment.
- Responsible for inclusive sourcing function to build and manage a strong, diverse candidate pipeline and ensure a smooth transition for all candidates throughout the candidate process.
- Develops and meets the staffing goals of the organization.
- Proactively develops creative strategies to source candidates from multiple channels and establishes relationships with external recruiting resources including agencies, LinkedIn, Indeed, professional associations, universities, etc.
- Designs and executes key projects and initiatives to optimize systems and processes, such as a robust new hire on-boarding program, efficient applicant tracking solution, effective college recruitment/internship program, etc.
- Creates, tracks and measures metrics and department productivity (e.g., source productivity, resume to interview ratio, interview to offer ratio, offer to acceptance ratio, time to fill, etc.).
- Maintains high levels of satisfaction with both the candidate and management experience.
- Develops effective processes, systems, strategies, KPI’s and goals to optimize satisfaction with the recruitment lifecycle, and department operations.
- Is viewed as a subject-matter expert to senior management and peers in the development and execution of plans and programs related to recruitment, staffing, onboarding and retention.
- Builds a high quality, professional and engaged team to represent Pediatric Associates to candidates.
- Key participant or lead for TA in merger and acquisition activity from due diligence through successful integration
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Working in a professional office environment. The position involves high & frequent call volumes. Environment requires ability to multi-task, communicate clearly & concise, data entry for extended period of times. May require sitting or standing for long periods, including stooping, bending & stretching for files and supplies. Requires, occasional lifting of files and boxes weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, type at 35 wpm, operate calculator, copier, and such other office equipment as necessary.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of progressive and relevant healthcare talent acquisition experience, including 5+ years managing staff.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in a primary care setting in the areas of recruitment, human resources, marketing and/or public relations.
- Experience implementing high quality and effective systems and programs that optimize clinical and non-clinical recruitment efforts, employer brand, onboarding and retention strategies.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications, business or healthcare.
Licensure/Certification: PHR/SPHR desirable
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A strategic mindset with the proven ability to influence and lead teams in an environment of competing interests and limited resources.
- First-hand knowledge of effective market leading outreach programs and strategies that support the acquisition of talent.
- Direct knowledge and experience implementing and optimizing technology (ATS) and systems in support of talent acquisition strategies.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to develop, communicate and execute on a department vision, and an effective employer value proposition.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and anticipate the needs of a changing landscape.
- Experience and proven success with change management and communication strategies.
- Knowledge of the M&A process and ability to work within an organization with both organic and inorganic growth as a key growth strategy
- Strong business acumen and experience working in a high growth, fast-paced, multi-site environment. Ability to translate business strategy into functional/operational plans and apply knowledge to the critical components of the function required
- Expert problem-solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with others to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions