EHR Clinical Review Medical Assistant
- PRIMARY FUNCTION
- Assist the providers in the offices by reviewing their consult notes, labs, prescription refills requests, and messages so that quality patient care is being obtained in a timely manner.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Review patient information in a timely manner and update the Electronic Health Record with that data.
- Review normal lab results and notify the patient of the normal results.
- Notify parents of abnormal lab results as determined by a protocol.
- Review phone messages presented to the providers and help triage any messages that can be done by an MA.
- Review all consult notes in a chart and take action regarding any follow-up needed from that consult.
- Document accurately and efficiently within the EHR system.
- Properly obtain and confirm patients/caller information abiding to HIPPA law.
- Complete and process necessary referrals requested by telephone contact for provider approval.
- Communicate with offices when necessary.
- Meet established standards within all performance criteria.
- Attend any necessary training/meetings to be up to date on protocol changes and available training.
- Other duties may include, but not limited to, outbound calls, copying, faxing, etc.
- PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of a High School Education
- Medical Assistant Certificate
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum of 1 year healthcare experience
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.