Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Senior Analyst
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Supervisor will work closely with a team of accountants to manage financial functions, including accounts payable/receivable, bank reconciliations and audits. Our ideal candidate uses strong analytical skills to develop financial reports and has strong accounting background.
REPORTS TO: Reports directly to the Controller.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Oversee the accounting department’s daily operations and the reporting requirements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- Works with Controller to develop and approve internal financial statements including consolidated balance sheets, profit/loss statements and analysis of variances in accounts, ratios, and income/expense.
- Supervise monthly, quarterly, and year-end closings of general ledger in accordance with GAAP, including the preparation and revision of journal entries.
- Supervise the daily functions of the accountants while maintaining standards of excellence for processes, methods and personnel.
- Prioritize, track and review accountants' work, and monitor quality control of all transactions performed by team members.
- Review and/or perform monthly account reconciliations, including bank reconciliations and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Ensure deadlines are met in a timely manner in accordance with the month-end close calendar.
- Prepare financial statement month-end packages for management closing meetings.
- Assist independent CPA audit firm in their audit and quarterly review of the financial statements.
- Assist in the compilation of the PA annual budget as well as regular reforecast.
- Assist with the ongoing internal controls over financial reporting and review process to enhance overall operational efficiency; identify issues early, and support an environment of best practices and continuous process improvement.
- Establish and maintain accounting policies and procedures, aligned with company’s targets.
- Participate in system implementations and enhancements.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Working in a professional office environment. The position involves high & frequent call volumes. Environment requires ability to multi-task, communicate clearly & concise, data entry for extended period of times. Will require sitting for long periods of time.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
- Experience supervising accounting personnel
- Experience with accounting and reporting software (e.g. Sage and Prophix)
- Strong computer skills, MS Excel in particular (managing spreadsheets, creating charts and using advanced formulas)
- Solid knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, laws and regulations
- Excellent analytical skills to manage large amounts of data
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Team management skills
- Ability to prioritize work
Experience: A minimum of 8 years’ experience in the accounting/finance profession.
At least 4 years in public accounting.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited university
Licensure/Certification: Accounting certification (CPA) is a plus.
*Upon hire, and for the duration of the employment period driver’s license must be active and valid.*
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledge of accounting principles and theory, ability to analyze financial reports and data and make recommendations, prepare statistical and narrative accounting reports, perform mathematical computations accurately and quickly, identify and compute ratios and percentages and communicate clearly. Must be skilled in Microsoft Word and Excel.