Enable a standardized method of assigning specific work related functions based on knowledge of clinical office procedures and terminology.
SUPERVISION: Reports directly to Clinical
The Practice Manager exercises all supervision over the training, development, and evaluation of the extern staff.
1. Manage patient care through an electronic or paper environment
2. Provide great customer services to patients and families by communication in a cordial and professional manner at all times.
3. Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean
4. Measure and record patients’ vital signs, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration
5. Check to make sure that patient history is complete (i.e. immunization records, allergy to medications, health record updates, etc.)
6. Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician
7. Obtain and verify patient health record updates
8. Perform sensory screening as needed
9. Fill out any necessary paperwork for patients (i.e. school forms)
10. Call hospitals to obtain any necessary results (i.e. lab and x-ray results)
11. Keeping a clean, safe and organized work environment for patients and staff
12. Attending any necessary meetings to be up to date on changes in protocol and procedures
13. Prepare Well Child packets
14. Working as a team with nursing and front office staff for optimal patient care
15. Follow any OSHA and Safety requirements for rooms and documentation
16. Other various duties as assigned, including cross training in other functional areas
Further training would be provided on an individually determined basis by each office.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Ability to perform necessary vital signs for pediatrics. Knowledge of basic medical terminology, and medical safety practices. Ability to assess emergency situations and act accordingly.
Education: Requires High School Diploma, MA Diploma in progress.