Essential Functions of the Job:
- Answer telephone, screen calls, take messages and provide information.
- Performs Administrative Assistant duties including: typing documents; checking and distributing documents and correspondence;photocopying, scanning and faxing.
- Data entry.
- Schedule meetings:
- Maintain the meeting calendar
- Order IT equipment as necessary
- Order food for Committee meetings
- Set up and clean up
- Track attendance
- Transcribe and distribute minutes
- Handling inquiries and incoming work requests.
- Reviewing files and records to answer requests for information.
- Compiling records of office activities.
- Maintain and ensure departmental filing is organized and up to date.
- Preparing outgoing mail.
- Pick up mail from the mailroom for the Facilities Manager.
- Place purchasing orders for supplies as needed.
- Relieve the receptionist for lunch breaks, vacations, etc. and provide back-up in the mailroom as needed.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Graduation from an accredited practical/technical school or college.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Must know how to type, file and follow general directions.
Experience: Prefer one to three years work experience in a medical office setting. Knowledge of computer desired.