PRIMARY FUNCTION: The primary function of an IT Field Technician II is to support core business technology including office break-fix, equipment deployment/retrieval, and integration projects. The goal is to establish yourself as a higher level problem solving technician, perform installation, maintenance, and repair work with logic and critical thinking skills, support end-users in person and remotely, and to create and maintain documentation for all areas of the Field Tech role.
REPORTS TO: Technician Supervisor
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
1. Prepare new equipment through PA procedures to ensure that workstations are properly configured. Ensure proper installation and configuration of the workstation including standard programs, anti-virus, encryption, and other security programs. License compliance and proper inventory asset management are also included in a standard build.
2. Proper transportation and installation of PCs, laptops, iPads, network equipment, and other peripherals to and from PA locations. The technician must take ownership of the device throughout the transportation, deployment, and retrieval process.
3. Collaborate with various IT escalation paths to resolve incidents and projects that require additional support.
4. Meet or exceed service level agreement metrics for service requests assigned by IT Field Tech Supervisor. Requests can include security incidents, network troubleshooting, or hardware/software issues that require in-depth and advanced knowledge to resolve.
5. Mentors level 1 IT Field Technicians through 1:1 trainings, documentation review, and general guidance.
6. Communicate with vendors in relation to equipment maintenance and repairs.
7. Create and maintain IT Field Tech documentation as it relates to processes and installation guidance.
8. Identify and prepare hardware to ensure information is secured and stripped before safe disposal
* Non patient-facing
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Exposure to Hazards
Reach above Shoulder
Lift/Carry 51-100 lbs.
Push/Pull 41-100 lbs.
70% of travel for remote projects for multiple days at a time: can include overnight stays and/or possibly weekends
Squat or kneel
Other Physical Requirements:
Sense of Sound
Sense of Smell
Sense of Touch
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
EDUCATION: Minimum of Associates Degree. 5 years of experience in the field is commensurate to the education required.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: Preferred: Microsoft Certified Professional (Windows 10), N+, Sec+
*Upon hire, and for the duration of the employment period driver’s license must be active and valid.*
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 3 years of experience preferred. Healthcare experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Detail Oriented
* Willingness to continue learning
* In depth knowledge of network operating system, software and hardware
* Demonstrated aptitude for continuous learning and innovative thinking
* Able to work independently and in a team environment
* Strong written, oral and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate with internal staff.
* Prioritize and organized high volume work orders practicing excellent time management skills to ensure high quality customer service.
* Ability to travel and work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules