PRIMARY FUNCTION: Individual will be a key member of Finance team managing the budgeting, financial planning and operational finance for the organization with over 100 cost centers and growing. Along with directing and leading budgeting activities, this individual will work closely with other members of the finance team and budget owners across the organization to support the budget creation and budget management practices. Individual will identify and promote budgeting best practices and will develop systems, processes, and templates to streamline organization-wide budget processes as well as develop and manage individual project budgetsREPORTS TO: Reports directly to the VP of Finance.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITES: No supervisor duties but will work closely with upper management to promote budget management practices that drives and supports the organization strategic goals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
1. Collaborate with other Finance team members, Department Heads, Operations and Clinical team, and the VP of Finance to prepare and monitor the annual operating budget.
2. Lead quarterly forecast processes and manage the preparation and distribution of monthly actual to budget/forecast reports to various departments. Oversees budget reports and analyses for presentation to Leadership during the budget review and approval process.
3. Strategically manage budgeting tools and templates to support the gathering and analysis of financial information while improving existing tools and identifying opportunities to design and implement new solutions. This includes streamlining and managing budget templates, including department, medical offices and enterprise level templates.(i.e. over 100 different budget templates to manage)
4. Collaborate with the VP of Finance to analyze monthly trends in spending against budget/forecast, analyze data for historical trends, and benchmark data and projection methodologies.
5. Analyzes and review staffing metrics, maintain position control and assist medical offices with being staffed appropriately by Clinician, Front Office, MA, and Lab. Analyzes inefficient overstaffing issues in the organization to bring down cost and staffing metrics more aligned with targets.
7. Maintains and updates the internal functional structure and organization of performance management software (Prophix) to optimize effectiveness and reporting capabilities.
8. Provides internal training and assists staff in utilization of performance management software (Prophix).
9. Oversees and coordinates the entry of budget data into performance management software (Prophix) and the eventual transition of budget data to our new ERP system (Microsoft D365).
10. Responsible for the overall enterprise budget consolidation and preparation for Mergers and Acquisitions. Oversees and manages acquisition budgeting and any future entities to consolidate the budgets for the presentation to the board of directors.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Lift/Carry 20 lbs. or less
Other Physical Requirements
Sense of Sound
Sense of Touch
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business, Engineering and/or similar discipline with analytical bias required. CPA/CMA or MBA a plus.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 10 years of experience in operational budgeting, financial analysis and reporting within healthcare industry.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Must have advanced Microsoft Excel skillsets to own, build, manage and streamline the aggregation of budget data within multiple budget templates.
* Must have knowledge of best practices when building budget templates.
* Must demonstrate strong data query/data management abilities including knowledge of SQL.
* Track record of leveraging accounting and financial systems such as budgeting software, general ledger systems, and other financial planning and analysis tools.
* Must demonstrate high aptitude to master and leverage new and existing financial systems or reporting tools. (Sage, Prophix, PowerBI and Microsoft D365)
* Strong process improvement, including project management skills, planning, setting priorities, and implementation skills.Must be able to manage and coordinate multiple activities and shift priorities, even in ambiguous situations and the ability to recommend and take action with confidence.
* Must have the ability to easily switch between digging into details and stepping back to see the bigger picture.
* Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, applied across problems of varying nature and scope. Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
* Effectively handles multiple tasks, duties, responsibilities and shifting timelines while meeting deadlines; strong organizational skills
* Ability to create effective reports and presentations for financial and non-financial audiences.