Finance Program Manager - Capital and Strategic Projects
PRIMARY FUNCTION: As a Finance Program Manager within the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team, you will oversee and manage the capital planning process. This position will require you to interact with Directors and VPs of various functional areas and coordinate with the VP of Finance and other members of the FP&A team to ensure accurate and timely forecast submission. This position operates in a rapidly changing environment and requires a self-starter with excellent time management and adaptability. The candidate should also demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to reporting accuracy and detail.
REPORTS TO: Reports directly to the VP of Finance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
1. Support core financial processes for the organization including Annual Operating Plan, Long Range Plan and quarterly forecast. Collaborate with business partners to ensure accurate and timely forecast submissions.
2. Manage the preparation of budget reports and analyses for presentation to Leadership during the budget review and approval process.
3. Lead overall end-to-end project planning, scoping, analysis, presentation, and CapEx approval. This includes leading financial analyses, NPV, ROI and capital investment analysis for new projects.
4. Create, submit and track the relevant CapEx documentation to ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within budget and best overall value.
5. Work cross-functionally with the Enterprise Project Management Office, Finance, Accounting, Facilities, IT and Operation teams to deliver project results.
6. Prepare, track and report project burn rate against budget to Leadership during Monthly Business Review meeting.
7. Perform financial reporting, deep project analyses, and financial modeling as assigned.
8. Partner with key stakeholders to identify cost leverage and savings opportunities across the organization.
9. Support ad hoc analysis as needed.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Working in a professional office environment or telecommuting. The position involves high & frequent call volumes. Environment requires ability to multi-task, communicate clearly & concise, data entry for extended period of times. Will require sitting for long periods of time.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business, Engineering and/or similar discipline with analytical bias. CPA/CMA or MBA highly valued.
1) Minimum of 7 years of experience in operational and capital budgeting, financial analysis and reporting within healthcare industry.
2) Minimum 5 years of experience in FP&A.
3) Extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analysis
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Knowledge of accounting guidance/guidelines specifically around CapEx.
* Superior proficiency with Excel & complex financial modeling required (macros, index, conditional list, arrays, pivots, lookups). Must be proficient with Excel shortcut keys.
* Ability to work in cross-functional teams to dive deep into the details, and present findings to senior management.
* Strong proficiency in PowerPoint and experience in developing executive materials with high-level of attention to detail and accuracy.
* Self-starter with the ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
* Strong interpersonal, excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Project management skills