Front Office Lead
Assists the Practice Manager with administering, directing and coordinating activities relating to the operation of the medical office including the coordination of the scheduling for all clinicians, support staff and facility maintenance and repair. Proficient in all duties of Front Office Medical Receptionist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
1) Assists Practice Manager in the supervision, management, training, and scheduling of front office staff assignments. Participates in interviewing, hiring, and developing new hires.
2) Tracks and coordinates facility maintenance, office meetings, and manages ordering office supplies.
3) Assists Practice Manager on resolving customer service issues such as conflicts and incidents.
4) Check-in patients upon arrival which includes updating demographics, insurance information, PCP, pharmacy, collect co-pays and patient balances, and provide consents for signature as well as appropriate health questionnaires.
5) Check out patients, collect additional balances, provides visit summary, specialist referral information, patient portal information, completed forms, and follow-up appointments.
6) Verify patient insurance through Batch Eligibility or on demand. Contact patients whose insurance is not active or PCP is not appropriate.
7) Post patient charges and payments. Complete charge and payment reconciliation.
8) Scan and upload documents in Document Management system.
9) Sort and deliver mail and PA documents received through courier. Maintain clean work area and patient waiting area.
10) Participate in staff and educational meetings.
Exercises supervision over the training, development and evaluation of the front office staff as delegated by the Practice Manager.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 2 years of font office work experience in a healthcare setting required. Minimum 1 year as a PA Medical Receptionist preferred.
*Upon hire, and for the duration of the employment period driver’s license must be active and valid*
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of office budget and goals
* Ability to counsel employees as needed in absence of Practice Manager
* Ability to learn & practice Pediatric Associate procedures, policies and protocols.
* Requires proficient grammar, spelling and verbal skills to communicate with patient, providers and staff in written documents.
* Ability to read, comprehend, follow oral and written instructions.
* Interact effectively, supportively with staff & maintain a professional working relation.
* Provide excellent customer service; greet & receive patients/ visitors in a professional and friendly manner.
* Maintain professional and excellent phone skills & etiquette, must be able to speak clearly and concise.
* Use good judgment & maintain patient confidentiality.
* Must be able to file alpha and numerically.
* Requires experience in using a computer system, scanner, printer, fax etc.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
* Indoor Work
* 15%-20% of travel to other office locations as needed with reimbursement outlined per company policy
* Designated Medical Receptionist float staff will be assigned to multiple designated office locations as applicable
* Operating Computer
* Reach Outward
* Manual Dexterity
* Reach Above Shoulder
* Lift/Carry 10 lbs. or less
OTHER PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Sense of Sound
* Sense of Smell
* Sense of Touch
* Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI (Protected Health Information) in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
Beginning October 15, 2021, all new hires must demonstrate they are fully vaccinated for Covid-19 by their first day of employment.