PRIMARY FUNCTION: Administers, directs and coordinates all activities relating to the operation of the medical office, including the coordination of the scheduling for all provider and support staff, facility maintenance and repair.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- Interviews, hires and trains new employees
- Creates weekly employee schedules and delegates office responsibilities
- Schedules, coordinates and participates in meetings held in the office and/or business office
- Demonstrates individual initiative
- Identifies, analyzes and solves problems
- Team Builder
- Strives to maintain efficient patient flow
- Actively works alongside staff
- Resolves staff conflicts diplomatically and tactfully
- Identifies and develops future leadership
- Trains Assistant Front Office Manager to be able to assume all duties of Front Office Manager
- Strives to achieve the goals set by the office budget and learn dashboard
- Tracks and coordinates facility maintenance
- Manages scheduling templates for all providers
- Capable of performing all medical receptionist and assistant front office manager duties
- Maintains Petty Cash
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner
- Makes bank deposits according to deposit schedule
- Helps with posting to ensure that office remains within target dates
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation with the ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instruction
- Supervises all front office tasks
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Associates or Bachelors degree desired.
Experience: Prefer two years work experience in a medical office setting. Knowledge of computer and medical terminology desired.