FLSA STATUS: Exempt
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for providing virtual medical care to children from birth to adulthood and working with other physicians to establish medical protocols and treatment regimens; with an emphasis on patient-centered, cost-effective medical care.
REPORTS TO: Reports to Director of Telehealth/PCC.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- Delivers and directs patient care within scope of practice.
- Obtains complete and accurate information in a courteous and respectful manner in order to determine an appropriate treatment plan.
- Sets the expectation with the parents by listening to their concerns and addressing those that can be addressed and informing the parents of the course of action to follow for other health concerns.
- Advises patients and family members in methods that facilitate a capacity for self-care and a move toward a healthcare partnership between providers, patients and their families.
- Communicates effectively with staff.
- Provides clear and concise verbal and written instructions and ensures that instructions are understood by listening and asking for feedback.
- Writes patient notes that are legible in order to provide adequate information for other health care providers.
- Addresses health care issues appropriately.
- Uses the Electronic Health Record to assist in the delivery of quality patient care.
- Applies customer service guidelines appropriate for the situation.
- Consults and coordinates with health care providers working at any location.
- Provides assistance to the health care providers by answering questions regarding patient care.
- Works in coordination with the health care providers and care managers to develop treatment plans for patients.
- Works with all other staff in the office as a member of the office and the system.
- Participates in fulfilling the mission, vision, goals and objectives of the organization
- Assists in committee and other duties.
- Maintains a clean work environment including adequate supplies and upkeep of office and equipment. Reports defective or missing equipment and safety hazards.
- Coordinates and works with other team members to ensure the efficient and effective flow of patients though the virtual platform.
- Works in coordination with the Quality Assurance Team and management to develop and implement a quality assurance program.
- Monitors the quality of care delivered.
- Completes charts reviews on a regular basis
- Provides and receives feedback on quality of care being delivered to ensure regulatory standards are met as they apply to the practice.
- Abides by policies, procedures and bylaws.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Pediatrician job duties involve considerable sitting on a daily basis. Physician must be able to work under emotionally stressed conditions. The employee is occasionally subject to verbal abuse, threats, and physical violence from angry, hostile, or disgruntled patients and/or family members. Physicians will be required to work holidays, evenings, weekends, and nights.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
Education / licensure / certification:
- APRN or PA-C certification required.
- Current, Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Florida.
- Current, Unrestricted Florida state specific DEA license (ARNP)
- Current Board Certification appropriate for degree or be Board eligible and certified within five years of employment
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) as required for hospital appointment.
*Upon hire, and for the duration of the employment period driver’s license must be active and valid.*
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to efficiently and effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Ability and comfort to educate and coordinate with other health care professionals.
- Knowledge of all Compliance documents including but not limited to the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct, Compliance Plan, and OSHA Binder.
- Above average communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in the use of appropriate computer software and hardware.
- Ability to perform job with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team, ensuring that other specialties are included in the healthcare plan.
Age Specific: Employee must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status, interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the Pediatric Associate's policies, procedures, and scope of practice.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature of level of the job.
I have read my job description and my supervisor has discussed it with me and I understand the responsibilities of the job for which I have been hired. I acknowledge that I have assumed responsibility for carrying out these tasks to the best of my ability and accordance with company policies.