General Pediatrician for Town Center / Jacksonville
SUPERVISIORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for reviewing and co-signing Advanced Practice Practitioner (APP) charts as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:(This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
1. Delivers and directs patient care within scope of practice.
· Obtains complete and accurate information in a courteous and respectful manner in order to determine an appropriate treatment plan.
· Performs treatments quickly and efficiently while keeping the parents/patients informed and being sensitive to the patient's comfort during the treatment.
· Sets the expectation with the parents by listening to their concerns and addressing those that can be addressed and informing the parents of the course of action to follow for other health concerns.
· Advises patients and family members in methods that facilitate a capacity for self-care and a move toward a healthcare partnership between providers, patients and their families.
2. Communicates effectively with staff.
· Provides clear and concise verbal and written instructions and ensures that instructions are understood by listening and asking for feedback.
· Writes patient notes that are legible in order to provide adequate information for other health care providers.
· Addresses health care issues appropriately.
· Uses the Electronic Health Record to assist in the delivery of quality patient care.
· Applies customer service guidelines appropriate for the situation.
3. Consults and coordinates with health care providers working at any location.
· Provides assistance to the health care providers by answering questions regarding patient care.
· Works in coordination with the health care providers and care managers to develop treatment plans for patients.
4. Works with all other staff in the office as a member of the office and the system.
· Participates in fulfilling the mission, vision, goals and objectives of the organization
· Assists in committee and other duties.
· Maintains a clean work environment including adequate supplies and upkeep of office and equipment. Reports defective or missing equipment and safety hazards. Assists in disaster planning and activities.
· Coordinates and works with other team members to ensure the efficient and effective flow of patients though the office.
5. Works in coordination with the Quality Assurance Team and management to develop and implement a quality assurance program.
· Monitors the quality of care delivered.
· Completes charts reviews on a regular basis - including oversight and supervision of physician extenders.
· Provides and receives feedback on quality of care being delivered to ensure regulatory standards are met as they apply to the practice.
· Abides by policies, procedures and bylaws.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to efficiently and effectively manage multiple clinical tasks.
2. Ability and comfort to educate and coordinate with other health care professionals.
3. Knowledge of all Compliance documents including but not limited to the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct, Compliance Plan, and OSHA Binder.
4. Above average communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Proficiency in the use of appropriate computer software and hardware.
6. Ability to perform job with minimal supervision.
7. Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team, ensuring that other specialties are included in the healthcare plan.
8. Ability to maintain quality, safety and infection control standards.
Pediatrician job duties involve considerable sitting, standing, walking, bending, and lifting on a daily basis. Physician must be able to respond when needed by prompt appearance at a required location, and be able to work under physically and emotionally stressed conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to communicable diseases. Safety precautions for employees such as blood drawing for screening of various diseases such as hepatitis, required immunizations, etc. are necessary. The employee is occasionally subject to verbal abuse, threats, and physical violence from angry, hostile, or disgruntled patients and/or family members. Physicians will be required to work holidays, evenings, weekends, and nights, and may be required to work in other locations away from primary work site.
Employee must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status, interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the Pediatric Associate's policies, procedures, and scope of practice.
1. M.D. or D.O. degree required.
2. Successful completion of an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA) approved post-graduate residency, or equivalent in Pediatrics
3. Current, Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Florida.
4. Current, Unrestricted Florida state specific DEA license
5. Current Board Certification appropriate for degree or be Board eligible and certified within five years of employment.
6. Meets all requirements in order to obtain medical staff membership and required privileges.
7. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) as required for hospital appointment.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2698