Health Business Analyst I
- PRIMARY FUNCTION
- Health Business Analyst will assist the Analytics team to provide insights, analysis, and reports. The analyst will be responsible for finding and quantifying key drivers, areas of opportunity, evaluating effectiveness and making recommendations. The analyst will also be accountable for evaluating and communicating impacts of business decisions
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Analyze data and use analytical tools and techniques
- Monitor and evaluate patterns and trends
- Produce spreadsheets, documents and presentations that are well-documented and easy to follow (i.e. Excel & PowerPoint)
- Write basic SQL programs for data extraction. Modifies existing programs for data extraction
- Proactively seeks training and builds knowledge/experience of tools, languages, and data sources
- Implementation of special initiatives to support the analytical/reporting needs of the company
- Develop standard report templates for consistency in data analysis.
- Provide user specific ad hoc reporting as requested.
- PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
- * Bachelor’s degree or higher. Relevant major’s preferred (Finance, Mathematics, Information Technology.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Experience in writing queries in SQL
* Proficient with Microsoft Excel
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Ability to work independently and in a strong team environment
* Ability to project a positive attitude and high degree of self-confidence
* Ability to effectively manage time
* Strong analytical, research, and problem solving skills * Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 2+ years of related experience or equivalent combination of transferrable experience and education. Master’s degree in relevant field can be substituted for work experience requirement.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.