This is a permanent Remote opportunity to join Pediatric Associates, the nation’s largest privately owned primary care pediatric practice. Since opening its first office in Hollywood, Florida, PA has expanded throughout Florida and recently entered the states of Texas and California. Across our footprint, PA serves over 1 million active patients through 2.5 million annual patient visits at over 100 locations while employing over 450 clinicians. In addition to PA’s physical footprint, we serve over 20,000 patients per month on KidzDocNow - the leading pediatric telemedicine platform in the country. Pediatric Associates places the utmost emphasis on quality, often exceeding the 90th percentile in pediatric specific HEDIS measures, maintaining patient centered medical home accreditation, and is the national leader in pediatric value based care. PA provides care for over 400,000 patients across our footprint through reimbursement mechanisms other than Fee for Service. Apply to join our growing team today!!!
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The IT Procurement and Finance Analyst is a key resource in the IT department, interacting with its suppliers of hardware, software, and services. In addition, this position will provide product and service purchasing guidance for the department and be responsible for all financial-related activity in support of service operations and delivery, in alignment with strategic goals. The IT Operations Analyst’s primary mission is to ensure proper oversight of the organization’s financial resources, by driving process adherence using a variety of financial tools.
REPORTS TO: SVP of IT
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
1. Conducts research on available vendors to determine best pricing / product quality and interviews with new vendors to inform approved vendors of their responsibilities and obligations. Meets with suitable vendors to assess their products, inquire about their services, negotiate pricing, and communicate any product or service-related concerns.
2. Develops and sustains long-standing relationships with company-approved vendors, while implementing vendor selection programs to ensure that the best vendors are secured.
3. Establishes standards by which to assess the performance of approved vendors and evaluates current vendor management programs and identifies ways to improve them. Provides recommendation to cancel vendor contracts should company vendors fail to perform adequately and manages vendor cancellation upon management approval.
4. Assisting with the oversight of the month-end close procedure including the communication with internal customers, review of financial and statistical journal entries, review, and completion of balance sheet reconciliation, and review and preparation of various financial reports.
5. Assisting finance in the financial activities and processes for the IT department and the development of annual department budgets.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
* Indoor work
* Operating computer
* Reach Outward
* Manual Dexterity
* Lift/Carry 10 lbs. or less
* Push/Pull 12 lbs. or less
* Traveling - Approximately less than 10% limited local and out of state
Other Physical Requirements
* Sense of sound
* Sense of touch
* Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
EDUCATION: High school or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Compute Science, or related field preferred.
*Upon hire, and for the duration of the employment period driver’s license must be active and valid.*
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5 years of experience required. Previous healthcare experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Detail-Oriented and adept at negotiating vendor contracts
* Demonstrate exceptional analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
* Multitask effectively
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills and maintaining vendor relationships