- Laguna Hills, CA
- Laguna Hills
- Full Time - Days
- Clinical Support
- Req #: 8568
- Posted: January 5, 2023
Position Summary: Provides assistance with various healthcare services, following established policies and protocols including but not limited to vaccine administration, obtaining specimens, conducting routine lab studies, and assisting with administrative functions.
Daily Job Duties:
• Greets, receives, and prepares patients for appointments/procedures; conducts interviews with patients, measures vital signs, and records information.
• Performs routine vaccine administration on patients as provided by established protocol
• Performs routine laboratory tests on patients as provided by established protocol
• Maintains nursing stations and examination areas in a manner consistent with OSHA standards and Universal Precautions procedures.
• Maintains inventory of medical supplies and materials
• Receives and screens telephone calls
• Coordinate patient flow
• Maintains office/department and patient records
• Prepares timely, legible, and complete documentation of all patient care as provided by law, regulation, and established policy
• Participates in continuing education to continually improve skills and abilities and stays abreast of current technologies/practices
• Applies safety principles as identified by established policy
• Ensures compliance with legal issues including but not limited to patient confidentiality and risk management; ensures compliance with JCAHO, federal, state, and local regulations
• Exhibits a high degree of courtesy, tact, and poise when interacting with patients, families, and other healthcare professionals
• Adjusts to fluctuating peaks in patient flow, acuity, and other operational demands while maintaining quality
• Gets to work on time
• Follows directions
• Effectively interacts with coworkers
• Understands and follows workflows and policy/procedures
• Accepts constructive feedback
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management
Education and/or Experience Required:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Completion of formal training from an accredited licensed vocational/practical program.
• An active and unrestricted license from the Board of Vocational Nurses and Psychiatric Technicians.
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Prior experience in healthcare
Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrates competence in reacting to and handling emergencies
• Ability to work collaboratively with multiple health professionals in a busy and complex environment using tact, diplomacy, and discipline.
• Must be organized, very detail-oriented, and able to multi-task and prioritize in fast-paced environment.
• Ability to understand and adhere to established policies, procedures, and protocols
• Strong charting/documentation skills
• Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds
• Must have exceptional customer service skills.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organization, problem-resolution, and analytical skills.
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
• Acute attention to detail.
• Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
• Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Ability to work under stress, with interruptions and deadlines.
• Ability to follow complex instructions.
• Ability to master basic math skills.
• Ability to think logically in following procedures and instructions.
• Bilingual skills a plus
The expected base hourly range for this position located in Laguna Hills, CA is $20.76 to $34.61. It is not typical for offers to be made at or near the top of the range. Pediatric Associates offers are based on several factors including but not limited to the candidate’s education, work experience, and certifications, all of which are dependent on the requirements of the specific role. In addition to base salary, the Pediatrics Associates Family of Companies and it’s affiliates offers a comprehensive benefits package, potential incentive and recognition programs, and retirement planning (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements based on position, and division).