Part-Time After-Hours Phlebotomist Laboratory Technician
- Riverview, FL
- Part Time/No Benefits - After-Hours
- Clinical Support
- Req #: 9773
- Posted: January 31, 2023
Pediatric Associates is offering a $5,000 Sign-On Bonus for new applicants selected for this position!
Performs laboratory testing procedures in Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, Serology, Microbiology and Spirometry.
- Reports laboratory results to a healthcare clinician. Alerts the healthcare clinician of any critical or out of range values. Documents critical reports.
- Performs phlebotomy including venipuncture, finger sticks and heel sticks for patients ranging in age from newborn to 18 or 20 years old.
- Prepares specimens for reference lab send outs including labeling, resulting and billing information.
- Performs and documents daily/weekly/monthly quality control including instrument maintenance.
- Maintains inventory of lab supplies; reorders and stocks supplies.
- May cross train to assist Medical Assistants.
EDUCATION: Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent required. Graduation from accredited Medical Assistant or LPN program preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 1 year of experience in a healthcare setting required.
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION
- CPR required
- Medical Assistant certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of laboratory quality control requirements
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Knowledge of universal precaution procedures in medical safety practices
- Phlebotomy skills
- Ability to communicate and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public
- Ability to assess emergency situations and act accordingly
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Indoor work
- Operating computer
- Exposure to hazards
- Reach outward, reach above shoulder
- Manual Dexterity
- Lift/Carry 10 lbs. or less
- Sitting, walking, squat or kneel, bending
OTHER PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Sense of sound
- Sense of smell
- Sense of touch
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
Reports laboratory results correctly, accurately and in a timely manner to healthcare clinicians.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI (Protected Health Information) in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
**Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.**