Part-Time After-Hours Phlebotomist Laboratory Technician
This job posting is no longer active.
- Riverview, FL
- Part Time - After-Hours
- Clinical Support
- Req #: 9772
- Posted: February 1, 2023
Pediatric Associates is offering a $5,000 Sign-On Bonus for new applicants selected for this position!
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Performs laboratory-testing procedures in Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, Serology, Microbiology and Spirometry. Performs phlebotomy; including venipuncture, finger sticks and heel sticks.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all the duties that may be assigned.)
1. Performs laboratory-testing procedures in Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, Serology, Microbiology and Spirometry. Reports laboratory results correctly, accurately and in a timely manner to a healthcare clinician; alerting the healthcare clinician for any critical or out of range values. Documenting critical reports correctly.
2. Performs phlebotomy; including venipuncture, finger sticks and heel sticks. Properly prepares specimens for reference lab send outs; including labeling, resulting and billing information.
3. Performs and documents daily/weekly/monthly quality control, including instrument maintenance. Sustains inventory of lab supplies; reorders and stocks supplies.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Indoor work
• Operating computer
• Exposure to hazards
• Reach outward
• Manual Dexterity
• Reach above shoulder
• Lift/Carry 10 lbs. or less
• Squat or kneel
Other Physical Requirements
• Sense of sound
• Sense of smell
• Sense of touch
• Ability to wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Graduation from accredited Medical Assistant / LPN Program, highly desirable.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: CPR required. Medical Assistant certification preferred.
*Upon hire, and for the duration of the employment period driver’s license must be active and valid.*
EXPERIENCE: 1 year of experience in a healthcare setting required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of laboratory quality control requirements
• Knowledge of basic medical terminology
• Knowledge of universal precaution procedures in medical safety practices
• Ability to communicate and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public
• Ability to assess emergency situations and act accordingly
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.