SkillBridge Medical Assistant - San Antonio
- San Antonio, TX
- Business Office
- Temporary - Days
- Clinical Support
- Req #: 11426
- Posted: February 3, 2023
SkillBridge---90-180 Day Job Training/Internship Program for Military personnel transitioning to civilian life.
The Department of Defense SkillBridge program is an opportunity for SERVICE MEMBERS to gain valuable civilian work experience with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) during their last 180 days of service. SkillBridge connects service members with DHS Components in real-world job experiences.
- Has served at least 180 days on active duty
- Has taken any service TAPS/TGPS
- Has attended or participated in an ethics brief within the last 12 months
- Has received Unit Commander approval to participate in the DoD SkillBridge Program
- Will receive an anticipated honorable discharge from active military service
Here we Grow! Because the need to care for children in this age is growing and changing, we are looking for intelligent and caring SkillBridge Interns who will join a mission-driven group that is focused on the health of children and the well-being of the family from an operational perspective. Our healthcare practice has grown from its South Florida roots since 1955 across Texas, California, Arizona, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Oregon and there is more to come. At Pediatric Associates (PA), our employees receive competitive salary, a generous PTO program, competitive benefits including a 401K. With over 65 years of providing LOVING CARE to our patients, we offer the stability and security of an established practice with the excitement of a growing healthcare organization.
The roles available with PA are limitless! Whether you are pursuing a clinical role such as a Medical Assistant, Physician Assistant, APRN, MD, something in Medical Practice Business Operations or in our corporate areas, HR, IT, Revenue Cycle, Finance, etc. we want to hear from you.
Apply on line, to hear from one of our veterans turned recruiters through Skillbridge and learn why this is a rewarding career move for you! This is a wonderful time to join our Big Orange PA Family!
Benefits at a glance:
- 3 Comprehensive Medical Plans
- Part Time Medical Plan
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Company Paid
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Company Paid
- Short Term Disability (STD)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Voluntary Benefit Plans
- Life Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
Though the successful completion of the training program does not guarantee job placement, the program is designed to transition the intern into a permanent or contractor position with the Pediatric Associates Family of Companies.
Don't delay, meet us today!
DETAILS FOLLOWING SKILLBRIDGE FOR FULL-TIME POSITION IS AS FOLLOWS:
Pediatric Associates is offering a $1,000 Sign-On Bonus for New Medical Assistant applicants selected for an opportunity.
Are you passionate about children's healthcare and want to make a positive impact on their health and well-being? We are too! Come join our Loving Care Pediatric Associates Family! We are hiring for Medical Assistants, Medical Technicians, Patient Care Technicians, LPNs, and EMTs at a medical office near you. A minimum of 3 years’ experience with a combination of taking vitals, EKG, administering medications and injections, and phlebotomy.
Because the need to care for children in this age is growing and changing, we are looking for Medical Assistants who want to be part of a mission-driven group that is focused on the health of children and the well-being of the family. Each of our clinical offices allows you to be an integral part of a small, agile, clinical team.
The ideal MA at Pediatric Associates is one who genuinely cares for children and thrives in a fast-paced, clinical-team environment. We support your career growth, offering training, and tuition reimbursement, to facilitate promotion. Here at Pediatric Associates, our employees receive competitive salary, a generous PTO program, competitive benefits including a 401K plan. Because of our locations around Florida and the US, you have the ability to relocate to a variety of locations, if that fits your growth plan. We offer flexible shifts, with full and part-time hours. With over 65 years of providing LOVING CARE to our patients, we offer the stability and security of an established practice with the excitement of a growing healthcare practice.
Benefits at a glance:
3 Comprehensive Medical Plans
Part Time Medical Plan
Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Company Paid
Long Term Disability (LTD) Company Paid
Short Term Disability (STD)
Voluntary Term Life Insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
401K Retirement Plan
Voluntary Benefit Plans
Life Assistance Plan (EAP)
Paid Time Off
*Floating positions receive an additional $2/hour on top of base salary and mileage
1 year of Medical Assistant experience preferred, but not required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- MA Diploma / Certification OR 3+ years of MA experience
- Active BLS certification required
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE:
• Maintain high quality patient experience, welcome patients; ensure a safe patient environment, office and exam room cleanliness and appropriate supplies and equipment for patient care in adherence to infection control policy and procedures.
• Perform and document patient’s intake vitals to include but limited to height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rate; repeat and notify clinician of any abnormal findings
• Interview patient based on age appropriateness and/or specialty needs with accurate documentation and update medical records to include chief complaint, current medications with drug name, dosing, route, medication and food allergies with reaction and severity, vaccine, medical, surgical, family, social histories, any barriers to care and home status.
• Obtain necessary medical records, consultation notes, hospital inpatient and/or ED discharge records, diagnostic and laboratory results for clinician review and treatment follow-up as needed.
• Prepare patient for clinician examination, ensure clinician orders performed and accurately documented. Perform with clinician supervision and assist clinicians in necessary age appropriate vision, hearing screenings, electrocardiograms with repeat as needed, suture removal, ear lavage, urine cauterization, ear-piercing, wound care, specialty procedures and emergency response with proper clinician supervision.
• Perform and document vaccine and medication reconciliation with patient and state registry; provide written vaccine information statements, education of patients/parents prior to vaccine and medication administration.
• Ensure and adhere to vaccine cold change management with proper handling, storage, preparation and administration to include reporting vaccine excursion.
• Perform proper patient identifiers, buddy process validation as per policies, and perform proper vaccine and medication administration to include intramuscular, intradermal, subcutaneous injections with post observation.
• Complete patient follow up and tasks assigned to meet patient needs to include but not limited to answering phones, handling correspondence, prescription refill request providing clinician with necessary information as needed, obtaining medication pre-authorization, assisting with patient referrals, patient form completion to include DME, therapy, school clearance, sports and medication forms, arrange home, hospital care, procedures and follow-up appointments, etc.
• Perform phlebotomy, lab sample collection and proper processing with documentation and report to clinician as outlined per policy.
• Medical assistants are essential members of patient-centered medical home team and will perform and meet best practice standards, quality and key performance indicators set forth by the organization
*Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required unless approved for a medical or religious exemption