- Laguna Niguel, CA
- Full Time - Days
- Req #: 11801
- Posted: April 26, 2023
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- Processes correspondence related to assigned contracted and/or non-contracted insurance carriers including self-pay accounts.
- Researches denied and improperly processed claims by contacting assigned carriers to ensure proper processing of said claims. Call and check claim status, work A/R and insurance carrier reports, and insurance denials. Verifies insurance eligibility / PCP / patient benefits to reconcile denied claims.
- Identifies and corrects any claim processing errors due to data entry, verification, coding and/or posting. Add or update insurance carriers into practice management system. Review the Financial Class and the Insurance Group and verify that they are in the correct financial reporting groups.
- Resubmits improperly paid/denied claims to the carrier for proper payment in a timely manner.
- Monitor payer payment policies (bundling process) for each carrier to ensure guidelines are followed.
- Responsible for validating appeal opportunities, creating appeal letters, generating and submitting individual and/or batch appeals in a timely manner, tracking appeals and recoveries. Follow up on outstanding appeals, and work closely with the appropriate teams to validate contracts.
- Communicate and escalate denial trends, short payments, or payer policies to Management.
- Other various duties as assigned, including cross training in other functional areas.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Lift/Carry 20 lbs. or less
Push/Pull 12 lbs. or less
Other Physical Requirements
Sense of Sound
Sense of Touch
EDUCATION: High school diploma/GED or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 1 year of insurance/collection experience in a medical environment preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of billing and collection policies and procedures, all types of insurance (HMO, PPO, POS, Medicaid etc.)
- Skill in defining problems, diagnostics of common coding errors, and impact on claims processing, collection of data, interpreting billing information.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills; must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers, the Business Office Manager and must be able to work effectively as a team member within the Business Office.
- Ability to multi-task in a face paced environment while meeting established production and quality goals/metrics.
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to effectively prioritize work and daily basis and follow up on open items in a timely manner.
The expected hourly range for this position located in Laguna Niguel, California is $17.80 to $29.66. It is not typical for offers to be made at or near the top of the range. Pediatric Associates offers are based on several factors including but not limited to the candidate’s education, work experience, and certifications, all of which are dependent on the requirements of the specific role. In addition to base salary, the Pediatrics Associates Family of Companies and it’s affiliates offers a comprehensive benefits package, potential incentive and recognition programs, and retirement planning (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements based on position, and division).