- Miami, FL
- West Kendall
- Full Time - Days
- Clinical Support
- Req #: 11859
- Posted: January 16, 2023
$2,500 Sign-On Bonus
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Perform quality team based patient care under the direct supervision of a clinician for both clinical and administrative functions to promote health and wellness in a safe and friendly environment. Supports clinician and care management teams in the maintenance of chronic disease management, examination and treatment of pediatric patient population. Specialty trained as applicable.
REPORTS TO: Practice Manager
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all the duties that may be assigned.)
1.Maintain high quality patient experience, welcome patients; ensure a safe patient environment, office and exam room cleanliness and appropriate supplies and equipment for patient care in adherence to infection control policy and procedures.
2.Perform and document patient’s intake vitals to include but limited to height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rate; repeat and notify clinician of any abnormal findings.
3. Interview patient based on age appropriateness and/or specialty needs with accurate documentation and update medical records to include chief complaint, current medications with drug name, dosing, route, medication and food allergies with reaction and severity, vaccine, medical, surgical, family, social histories, any barriers to care and home status. Obtain necessary medical records, consultation notes, hospital inpatient and/or ED discharge records, diagnostic and laboratory results for clinician review and treatment follow-up as needed.
4.Prepare patient for clinician examination, ensure clinician orders performed and accurately documented. Perform with clinician supervision and assist clinicians in necessary age appropriate vision, hearing screenings, electrocardiograms with repeat as needed, suture removal, ear lavages, urine cauterization, ear piercing, wound care, specialty procedures and emergency response with proper clinician supervision.
5.Perform and document vaccine and medication reconciliation with patient and state registry; provide written vaccine information statements, education of patients/parents prior to vaccine and medication administration.
6.Ensure and adhere to vaccine cold change management with proper handling, storage, preparation and administration to include reporting vaccine excursion.
7.Perform proper patient identifiers, buddy process validation as per policies, and perform proper vaccine and medication administration to include intramuscular, intradermal, subcutaneous injections with post observation.
8.Complete patient follow up and tasks assigned to meet patient needs to include but not limited to answering phones, handling correspondence, prescription refill request providing clinician with necessary information as needed, obtaining medication pre-authorization, assisting with patient referrals, patient form completion to include DME, therapy, school clearance, sports and medication forms, arrange home, hospital care, procedures and follow-up appointments, etc.
9.Perform phlebotomy, lab sample collection and proper processing with documentation and report to clinician as outlined per policy.
10.Medical assistants are essential members of patient-centered medical home team and will perform and meet best practice standards, quality and key performance indicators set forth by the organization.
What you bring to Pediatric Associates:
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills to support and reassure pediatric patients and their families
• Maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the community
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of basic medical terminology, and immunization
• Knowledge of medical safety practices and standards
• Ability to plan, prioritize and organize
• Ability to communicate clearly both written and verbally
• Critical thinking to include emergency situation
• Proficiency in electronic health recordkeeping systems
• The ability to travel 15%-20% to other office locations as needed
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Medical foreign doctors must have a Bachelor of Science degree in General Medicine from a regionally accredited university or equivalent.
• MA Diploma/Certification with 1 year experience OR 3 to 5 years of MA experience in lieu of Diploma/Certification.
• Active BLS certification required