Full-Time Medical Receptionist
This job posting is no longer active.
- Houston, TX
- TX 064 Hillcroft
- Full Time - Days
- Clinical Support
- Req #: 12194
- Posted: February 4, 2023
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Serves patients and visitors by greeting in a friendly and welcoming manner as they arrive to our office at Tejas Medical, 6510 Hillcroft St, Houston, TX 77081. Completes and updates all required information, collects payments, and provides other information as requested. Discharges patients after their appointment, providing them with any pertinent information as well as follow-up appointments.
REPORTS TO: Practice Manager
This is a FULL-TIME position, Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all the duties that may be assigned.)
- Check-in patients upon arrival which includes updating demographics, insurance information, PCP, pharmacy, collect co-pays and patient balances, and provide consents for signature as well as appropriate health questionnaires.
- Check out patients, collect additional balances, provide visit summary, specialist referral information, patient portal information, completed forms, and follow-up appointments.
- Verify patient insurance through Batch Eligibility or on demand. Contact patients whose insurance is not active or PCP is not appropriate.
- Post patient charges and payments. Complete charge and payment reconciliation.
- Scan and upload documents in Document Management system.
- Sort and deliver mail and PA documents received through courier. Maintain clean work area and patient waiting area.
- Participate in staff and educational meetings.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Indoor Work
- 15%-20% of travel to other office locations as needed with reimbursement outlined per company policy
- Designated Medical Receptionist float staff will be assigned to multiple designated office locations as applicable
- Operating Computer
- Reach Outward
- Manual Dexterity
- Reach Above Shoulder
- Lift/Carry 10 lbs. or less
Other Physical Requirements:
- Sense of Sound
- Sense of Smell
- Sense of Touch
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
*Upon hire, and for the duration of the employment period driver’s license must be active and valid.*
EXPERIENCE: Prefer two years work experience in a medical office setting. Knowledge of computer and medical terminology desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to learn & practice Pediatric Associate procedures, policies and protocols.
- Requires proficient grammar, spelling and verbal skills to communicate with patient, providers and staff in written documents.
- Ability to read, comprehend, follow oral and written instructions.
- Interact effectively, supportively with staff & maintain a professional working relation.
- Provide excellent customer service; greet & receive patients/ visitors in a professional and friendly manner.
- Maintain professional and excellent phone skills & etiquette, must be able to speak clearly and concise.
- Use good judgment & maintain patient confidentiality.
- Must be able to file alpha and numerically.
- Requires experience in using a computer system, scanner, printer, fax etc
*Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
Pediatric Associates and MD Medical Group have multiple positions open across 20 clinics in the Houston/Beaumont region. Please be sure to check out all of our other opportunities listed on our job site at jobs.pediatricassociates.com!