Medical Receptionist - Panama City
- Panama City, FL
- Panama City
- Full Time - Days
- Clinical Support
- Req #: 12157
- Posted: March 17, 2023
Pediatric Associates was founded in Hollywood, FL in 1955. The same clinician-led, evidence-based, medical home passion is a unifying driver for those who join Pediatric Associates Family of Companies. The Pediatric Associates Family of Companies is a growing team of Pediatricians and Pediatric Care Teammates who are excited to be part of the first nationwide Pediatric Primary Care Medical Home. We further our uniqueness by ensuring the clinician voice is leading our medical home innovations.
REPORTS TO: Practice Manager
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all the duties that may be assigned.)
1. Check-in patients upon arrival which includes updating demographics, insurance information, PCP, pharmacy, collect co-pays and patient balances, and provide consents for signature as well as appropriate health questionnaires.
2. Check out patients, collect additional balances, provide visit summary, specialist referral information, patient portal information, completed forms, and follow-up appointments.
3. Verify patient insurance through Batch Eligibility or on demand. Contact patients whose insurance is not active or PCP is not appropriate.
4. Post patient charges and payments. Complete charge and payment reconciliation.
5. Scan and upload documents in Document Management system.
6. Sort and deliver mail and PA documents received through courier. Maintain clean work area and patient waiting area.
7. Participate in staff and educational meetings.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Indoor Work
• 15%-20% of travel to other office locations as needed with reimbursement outlined per company policy
• Designated Medical Receptionist float staff will be assigned to multiple designated office locations as applicable
• Operating Computer
• Reach Outward
• Manual Dexterity
• Reach Above Shoulder
• Lift/Carry 10 lbs. or less
Other Physical Requirements:
• Sense of Sound
• Sense of Smell
• Sense of Touch
• Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
*Upon hire, and for the duration of the employment period driver’s license must be active and valid.*
EXPERIENCE: Prefer one year work experience in a medical office setting. Knowledge of computer and medical terminology desired.
• Ability to learn & practice Pediatric Associate procedures, policies and protocols.
• Requires proficient grammar, spelling and verbal skills to communicate with patient, providers and staff in written documents.
• Ability to read, comprehend, follow oral and written instructions.
• Interact effectively, supportively with staff & maintain a professional working relation.
• Provide excellent customer service; greet & receive patients/ visitors in a professional and friendly manner.
• Maintain professional and excellent phone skills & etiquette, must be able to speak clearly and concise.
• Use good judgment & maintain patient confidentiality.
• Must be able to file alpha and numerically.
• Requires experience in using a computer system, scanner, printer, fax etc