- Winter Garden, FL
- First Choice Peds Winter Garden
- Full Time - Days
- Clinical Support
- Req #: 12464
- Posted: February 13, 2023
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Administer, direct and coordinates activities relating to the operation of the medical office including financial key operational performance measures, scheduling, front and clinical operations and staffing, facility maintenance and inventory management, charge posting and other administrative tasks.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to the Lead Physician, Director of Front Office Operations and Clinical Services.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Exercises supervision over the training, performance and evaluation of the complete office staff including receptionists, medical assistants, scribes and lab technicians.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Working in an office environment. May require sitting or standing for long periods; also stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies. Occasionally lifting files, boxes weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, type at 35 wpm, operate calculator, copier, scanner e-mail and such other office equipment as necessary. Must be able to communicate clearly. It is necessary to view and type on computer screens for long periods and to work in a high volume environment
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- Ensure staffing levels to maintain efficiency of office operations.
- Completes annual employee evaluations, manages new hires and staff development.
- Promotes Pediatric Associates Core Values and a constructive, productive and positive work environment.
- Creates weekly employee schedules and delegates office responsibilities.
- Schedules, coordinates, and conducts monthly staff meetings to educate the staff on all new initiatives and policies.
- Actively participates in the evaluation and improvement of the patient care flow and work efficiency.
- Manages all medical equipment and supply inventory appropriately.
- Performs vaccine refrigeration monitoring and reporting.
- Manages vaccine storage and inventory as per regulatory and organizational policy.
- Manage needs of IT support services and technology equipment for office operations.
- Coordinates facility repairs and support services along with routine cleaning maintenance.
- Maintains the clinical area in accordance with AAAHC standards and Pediatric Associates infection control program.
- Manages overall patient experience using AIDET Promotes and provides great customer service to patients and families and supervises that the staff also provides a high level customer service.
14. Demonstrates the knowledge and understanding of office budget and goals
- Manage review bins to ensure efficient processing.
- Manages DME requirements along with regulatory form requirements.
- Maintains clinician scheduling templates.
- Manages all front office operations including patient greeting, appointment scheduling, check-in, check-out, patient tracking, copay collections, patient balances.
- Complete and reconcile all daily reports, including Duplicate Charge Report, Missing Charge Report, Missing Office Visit Report, NP/PA Report, Copay Report, as well as the EDI Report.
- Proficient in the following PA department applications: TrackIT, ProcureIT, Concur, IT ServiceNow, Qgenda.
- Schedules appointments according to office scheduling policies
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner
- Scans, uploads and distributes chart documents in document manager
- Manages insurance verification processes from eligibility to practice management entry
- Manages charge and payment posting
- Manages effective communication for all staff and clinicians via e-mail and routine meetings.
- Manage Employee Appreciation to budget accordingly.
- Identifies, analyzes and solves problems
- Manages efficient patient flow
- Manages and resolves staff conflicts diplomatically and professionally.
- Strives to achieve the goals set by the office budget
- Makes bank deposits as necessary
- Adheres to all PA policies and procedures, PA Code of Conduct as well as PA Employee Handbook.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
POLICIES AND PROCESSES
- Acts as compliance liaison enforcing policies and procedures
- Demonstrates the knowledge and understanding of office budget and goals
- Understands performance evaluations and corrective action processing
- Competent to counsel employees as needed
- Completes all PA University mandatory courses by designated deadlines
- Ensures Pediatric Associates practices and protocols are in place throughout the office for check-in, check-out, phones, postings, deposits, etc.
- Manages and orders office supplies
INTERPERSONAL AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Is tactful, diplomatic, cooperative and shares information with others
- Communicates via e-mail in a timely and effective manner
- Assists the manager with calls from patients, hospitals and other doctor’s offices.
- Communicates well with office manager, the local management team and supports all providers and staff
- Assists managers with customer service issues, i.e.: conflicts/disputes, incidents/accidents.
- Adheres to high ethical behavior
- Leads by example
- Upholds Pediatric Associates Core Values
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Associates or Bachelor’s degree desired.
Licensure: Active CPR certification required.
Experience: Prefer two years of work experience in a medical office setting. Knowledge of computer and medical terminology desired.