Field Technician II,Technical Support
- Winter Springs, FL
- Business Office
- Full Time - Days
- Information Technology
- Req #: 12874
- Posted: April 26, 2023
The Field Technician II is responsible for supporting core business technology including office break-fix, equipment deployment and retrieval, and integration projects. The Field Technician II solves high-level problems, performs installation, maintenance, and repair work, supports end-users in person and remotely, and creates and maintains documentation for all areas of Technical Support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Prepares new equipment following PA procedures. Ensures workstations are properly configured.
- Installs and configures workstations including standard programs, anti-virus, encryption, and other security programs.
- Ensures license compliance and proper inventory asset management are included in a standard build.
- Transports and installs PCs, laptops, iPads, network equipment, and other peripherals to and from PA locations. Takes ownership of devices throughout the transportation, deployment, and retrieval process.
- Collaborates with various IT escalation paths to resolve incidents and projects that require additional support.
- Meets or exceeds service level agreement metrics for service requests assigned by Supervisor. Service requests may include security incidents, network troubleshooting, or hardware/software issues that require in-depth and advanced knowledge to resolve.
- Mentors junior level Technicians by providing 1:1 training, documentation review, and general guidance.
- Communicates with vendors regarding equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Creates and maintains IT Field Tech documentation relating to processes and installation guidance.
- Identifies and prepares hardware to ensure information is secured and stripped before safe disposal.
EDUCATION: Minimum Associates Degree required; 5 years of experience in the field may substitute for degree requirement.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 3 years of experience required. Healthcare experience preferred.
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION
- Microsoft Certified Professional, Network+, Security+ preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Logic and critical thinking skills
- Dependable and detail oriented
- Willingness and aptitude for continuous learning
- In depth knowledge of network operating systems, software and hardware
- Innovative thinking skills
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with internal staff
- Prioritize and organized high volume work orders practicing excellent time management skills to ensure high quality customer service.
- Ability to travel, work flexible shifts, and adapt to changing work schedules
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Non-patient facing
- May rotate working in the office and remote/telework
- If remote, this job must be U.S. based
- Indoor work
- Outdoor work
- Excessive noise
- Operating computer
- Exposure to hazards
- Reach outward, manual dexterity, reach above shoulder
- Lift/Carry 51-100 lbs.; Push/Pull 41-100 lbs.
- Sitting, walking, crawling
- Squatting, kneeling, bending
- Typical and fixed work location is the Business Office however this position requires 70% travel for remote projects for multiple days at a time; may include overnight stays and/or weekends
OTHER PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Sense of sound
- Sense of smell
- Sense of touch
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI (Protected Health Information) in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.