This job posting is no longer active.
- Coral Springs, FL
- Heron Bay
- Full Time - Days
- Clinical Support
- Req #: 13373
- Posted: June 5, 2023
The Laboratory Technician is responsible for performing laboratory testing procedures in Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, Serology, Microbiology and Spirometry. The Lab Technician also performs phlebotomy including venipuncture, finger sticks and heel sticks for pediatric patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list may not include all the duties that may be assigned.
- Performs laboratory testing procedures in Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, Serology, Microbiology and Spirometry.
- Reports laboratory results to a healthcare clinician. Alerts the healthcare clinician of any critical or out of range values. Documents critical reports.
- Performs phlebotomy including venipuncture, finger sticks and heel sticks for patients ranging in age from newborn to 18 or 20 years old.
- Prepares specimens for reference lab send outs including labeling, resulting, and billing information.
- Performs and documents daily/weekly/monthly quality control including instrument maintenance.
- Maintains inventory of lab supplies, reorders, and stocks supply.
- May cross train to assist Medical Assistants.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduation from accredited Medical Assistant or LPN program preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a healthcare setting required.
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION
- CPR required.
- Medical Assistant certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of laboratory quality control requirements
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Knowledge of universal precaution procedures in medical safety practices
- Phlebotomy skills
- Ability to communicate and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and the public.
- Ability to assess emergency situations and act accordingly.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Indoor work
- Operating computer
- Exposure to hazards
- Reach outward, reach above shoulder.
- Manual Dexterity
- Lift/Carry 10 lbs. or less.
- Sitting, walking, squatting, kneeling, or bending.
OTHER PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Sense of sound
- Sense of smell
- Sense of touch
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Reports laboratory results correctly, accurately and in a timely manner to healthcare clinicians.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI (Protected Health Information) in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature of level of the job.