Manager of IT Field Technical Services
- Plantation, FL
- Business Office
- Full Time - Days
- Information Technology
- Req #: 13360
- Posted: May 17, 2023
Office Address: 900 S Pine Island Rd Plantation FL 33324
The Manager, IT Field Technical Services is responsible for all information technology field services that ensure core businesses run efficiently. Manages, schedules and supports all IT field technical activities including hardware, IT equipment, ISP circuits, asset location, and low voltage infrastructure. Ensures uptime, performance, resource availability, and security of managed field technical resources.
Manages Supervisor of Technical Support and third-party contractors including selecting, supervising, and evaluating staff performance.
EDUCATION: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field required.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5 years of experience in supervising, scheduling and supporting technical teams in an IT Healthcare environment required. IT Service Management tools experience required.
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION
- Current industry certifications from Microsoft, especially in areas of Operating System and Productivity Suite software, preferred
- Current industry certifications from Cisco, CompTIA and ITIL preferred
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Manages hardware procurement process including requests, authorization and approvals, and delivery. Manages equipment inventory.
- Oversees logistical process for asset deployment, hardware troubleshooting, and asset retrieval from remote users.
- Plans, executes, and manages the integration of newly acquired practices into existing network infrastructure, hardware, and EMR systems to the standard PA enterprise.
- Manages and acts as a point of contact for third party support for hardware installations/break-fix requests, ISP circuit installs, low voltage work, and other field support for all acquisitions, de novo builds, and existing offices.
- Develops wiring diagrams for all new acquisitions and de novos based on floor plans to determine low voltage layout, asset locations, and hardware quantities. Coordinates, manages, and executes on IT related tasks to ensure flawless go-live for new acquisitions and de novos.
- Develops and maintains performance metrics and presents at management meetings.
- Develops and manages education and career growth plans for the Field Technician department.
- Ensures ongoing compliance to all department and company policies to include IT Security and HIPAA policies.
- Acts as a technical point of escalation for the Field Technician and Service Desk teams. Serves as a part of the IT Management team to resolve service issues.
- Develops and implements closed-ended support processes to ensure accurate service delivery.
- Manages provisioning, deployment and control systems using tools including mobile device management, operating system deployment, software activation and deployment, remote access, meeting collaboration, and security.
- Creates and maintains technical documentation related to Field Technical operations.
- Manages all Field Tech initiatives from planning through execution and completion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate with internal staff at all levels, up to and including senior management
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in a professional manner
- Able to manage work across multiple projects and deliver on time, making the best possible use of available resources.
- Ability to drive teams to consensus.
- Ability and desire to learn Corporate, Division, and Facility-specific applications, technology, and terminology
- Ability to learn customer support processes and techniques
- Strong analytical skills, ability to solve problems
- Able to start, shut down and restart computers, terminals and printers
- Able to use the major functions of contemporary desktop and mobile device operating systems
- Able to support and perform basic configuration of Apple iOS devices
- Able to read, manage and create technical documentation
- Able to use ticket tracking software, remote management software and the telephone to provide technical support
- Aptitude for continuous learning and innovative thinking
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Non-patient facing
- May rotate working in the office and remote/telework
- If remote, this job must be U.S. based
- Working in a professional office environment
- Involves high and frequent call volumes
- Data entry for extended period of times
- Requires sitting for long periods of time
OTHER PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Sense of sound
- Sense of touch
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI (Protected Health Information) in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.