- PRIMARY FUNCTION
- Performance of all approved laboratory procedures and testing.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Performance of laboratory procedures in Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, Serology, Microbiology and Spirometry.
- Perform phlebotomy: including venipuncture, finger sticks and heel sticks.
- Reviews and signs the Laboratory Policy & Procedure Manual annually. Understands and follows proper laboratory testing techniques outlined in the manual.
- Reports laboratory results correctly, accurately and in a timely manner to the healthcare provider; alerting the healthcare provider for any critical or out of range values.
- Properly works in the LIS (laboratory information system). Follows procedures for order acknowledgement, resulting and processing orders; including follow up on unresolved tests.
- Keeps the laboratory and work area clean and in compliant with OSHA/Safety standards.
- Performance and documentation of daily/weekly/monthly quality control and instrument maintenance; including daily logs.
- Properly performs proficiency surveys, documentation and review of results in a timely manner.
- Assist the Laboratory Manager and Laboratory Supervisor with training of co-workers in lab procedures.
- Properly prepares specimens for reference lab send outs; including resulting and billing information.
- Maintain inventory of lab supplies, reorder and stock supplies of assigned area.
- PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant / LPN Program or equivalent.
Prefer license: Medical Assistant
Prefer license: State of FL Clinical Laboratory Technician
Prefer license: phlebotomist.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of laboratory quality control requirements. Knowledge of universal precaution procedures in medical safety practices. Skilled in phlebotomy. Ability to communicate with physician staff to efficiently order testing and notify abnormal results. Ability to react calmly to stressful situations. Ability to organize tasks. Knowledge of basic medical terminology. Ability to assess emergency situations and act accordingly. Maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public. Active CPR certification required.
- One year experience in a Medical Office setting. Prefer experienced in laboratory procedures and phlebotomy. Knowledge of computer or EHR desired.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 1847