Each of our clinical offices allows you to be an integral part of a small, agile, clinical team. You would be the face of the practice, working with the children and their families every day. The ideal Team Member at Pediatric Associates is one who genuinely cares for children and thrives in a fast-paced, clinical-team environment. We support your career growth, offering training and tuition reimbursement to facilitate promotion. Here at Pediatric Associates, our employees receive competitive salary, a generous PTO program, competitive benefits including a 401K with a Company match of up to 3.5%. Because of our locations around Florida and the US, you have the ability to relocate to a variety of locations, if that fits your growth plan. We offer flexible shifts, with full and part-time hours. With over 65 years of providing LOVING CARE to our patients, we offer the stability and security of an established practice with the excitement of a growing healthcare practice.
Benefits at a glance:
3 Comprehensive Medical Plans
Part Time Medical Plan
Dental & Vision
Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Company Paid
Long Term Disability (LTD) Company Paid
Short Term Disability (STD)
Voluntary Term Life Insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
401K Retirement Plan
Voluntary Benefit Plans
Life Assistance Plan (EAP)
Paid Time Off
*Floating positions receive an additional $2/hour on top of base salary and mileage.
Performance of all approved laboratory procedures and testing.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Performance of laboratory procedures in Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, Serology and Microbiology.
- Perform phlebotomy: including venipuncture, finger sticks and heel sticks.
- Reviews and signs the Laboratory Policy & Procedure Manual annually. Understands and follows proper laboratory testing techniques outlined in the manual.
- Reports laboratory results correctly, accurately and in a timely manner to the healthcare provider; alerting the healthcare provider and following protocol for any critical or out of range values.
- Keeps the laboratory and work area clean and in compliant with OSHA/Safety standards.
- Performance and documentation of daily/weekly/monthly quality control and instrument maintenance.
- Perform proficiency surveys, documentation and review of results in a timely manner.
- Assist the Laboratory Manager and Laboratory Supervisor with training of co-workers in lab procedures.
- Clerical duties including preparation of send out specimens, charting of results and maintaining the LIS. (Laboratory Information System).
- Maintain inventory of lab supplies, reorder and stock supplies of assigned area.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant / LPN Program or equivalent.
Prefer license: Medical Assistant
Prefer license: State of FL Clinical Laboratory Technician
Prefer license: phlebotomist.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Knowledge of laboratory quality control requirements. Knowledge of universal precaution procedures in medical safety practices. Skilled in phlebotomy. Ability to communicate with physician staff to efficiently order testing and notify abnormal results. Ability to react calmly to stressful situations. Ability to organize tasks. Knowledge of basic medical terminology. Ability to assess emergency situations and act accordingly. Maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public. Active CPR certification required.
One year experience in a Medical Office setting. Prefer experienced in laboratory procedures and phlebotomy. Knowledge of computer or EHR desired.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
Effective October 15, 2021, all new hires must provide proof of vaccination for Covid-19