Pediatric Associates is offering a $2,000 Sign-On Bonus for New Medical Assistant applicants selected for an opportunity, starting July 21st through August 18th, 2021.
Because the need to care for children in this age of Covid, is growing and changing, we are looking for Medical Assistants who want to be part of a mission-driven group that is focused on the health of children and the well-being of the family. This healthcare practice has grown from its South Florida roots since 1955 across the state into Texas, California, Arizona and New York. Each of our clinical offices allows you to be an integral part of a small, agile, clinical team. You would be the face of the practice, working with the children and their families, every day. The ideal MA at Pediatric Associates is one who genuinely cares for children and thrives in a fast-paced, clinical-team environment. We support your career growth, offering training, and tuition reimbursement, to facilitate promotion. Here at Pediatric Associates, our employees receive competitive salary, a generous PTO program, competitive benefits including a 401K with a Company match of up to 3.5% of your salary. Because of our locations around Florida and the US, you have the ability to relocate to a variety of locations, if that fits your growth plan. We offer flexible shifts, with full and part-time hours. With over 65 years of providing LOVING CARE to our patients, we offer the stability and security of an established practice with the excitement of a growing healthcare practice.
Benefits at a glance:
3 Comprehensive Medical Plans
Part Time Medical Plan
Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Company Paid
Long Term Disability (LTD) Company Paid
Short Term Disability (STD)
Voluntary Term Life Insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
401K Retirement Plan
Voluntary Benefit Plans
Life Assistance Plan (EAP)
Paid Time Off
*Floating positions receive an additional $2/hour on top of base salary and mileage.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Perform quality team based patient care under the direct supervision of a clinician for both clinical and administrative functions to promote health and wellness in a safe and friendly environment. Supports clinician and care management teams in the maintenance of chronic disease management, examination and treatment of pediatric patient population. Specialty trained as applicable.
REPORTS TO: Practice Manager
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all the duties that may be assigned.)
1.Maintain high quality patient experience, welcome patients; ensure a safe patient environment, office and exam room cleanliness and appropriate supplies and equipment for patient care in adherence to infection control policy and procedures.
2.Perform and document patient’s intake vitals to include but limited to height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rate; repeat and notify clinician of any abnormal findings.
3. Interview patient based on age appropriateness and/or specialty needs with accurate documentation and update medical records to include chief complaint, current medications with drug name, dosing, route, medication and food allergies with reaction and severity, vaccine, medical, surgical, family, social histories, any barriers to care and home status. Obtain necessary medical records, consultation notes, hospital inpatient and/or ED discharge records, diagnostic and laboratory results for clinician review and treatment follow-up as needed.
4.Prepare patient for clinician examination, ensure clinician orders performed and accurately documented. Perform with clinician supervision and assist clinicians in necessary age appropriate vision, hearing screenings, electrocardiograms with repeat as needed, suture removal, ear lavages, urine cauterization, ear piercing, wound care, specialty procedures and emergency response with proper clinician supervision.
5.Perform and document vaccine and medication reconciliation with patient and state registry; provide written vaccine information statements, education of patients/parents prior to vaccine and medication administration.
6.Ensure and adhere to vaccine cold change management with proper handling, storage, preparation and administration to include reporting vaccine excursion.
7.Perform proper patient identifiers, buddy process validation as per policies, and perform proper vaccine and medication administration to include intramuscular, intradermal, subcutaneous injections with post observation.
8.Complete patient follow up and tasks assigned to meet patient needs to include but not limited to answering phones, handling correspondence, prescription refill request providing clinician with necessary information as needed, obtaining medication pre-authorization, assisting with patient referrals, patient form completion to include DME, therapy, school clearance, sports and medication forms, arrange home, hospital care, procedures and follow-up appointments, etc.
9.Perform phlebotomy, lab sample collection and proper processing with documentation and report to clinician as outlined per policy.
10.Medical assistants are essential members of patient-centered medical home team and will perform and meet best practice standards, quality and key performance indicators set forth by the organization.
What you bring to Pediatric Associates:
* Excellent interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills to support and reassure pediatric patients and their families
* Maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the community
* Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
* Knowledge of basic medical terminology, and immunization
* Knowledge of medical safety practices and standards
* Ability to plan, prioritize and organize
* Ability to communicate clearly both written and verbally
* Critical thinking to include emergency situation
* Proficiency in electronic health recordkeeping systems
* The ability to travel 15%-20% to other office locations as needed
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Medical foreign doctors must have a Bachelor of Science degree in General Medicine from a regionally accredited university or equivalent.
* MA Diploma/Certification with 1 year experience OR 3 to 5 years of MA experience in lieu of Diploma/Certification.
* Active BLS certification required