$3,000 Sign- On Bonus
The Medical Assistant Lead is responsible for assisting the Practice Manager in overseeing daily clinical operations for small to medium sized offices of less than 4.5 clinicians and less than 6 Medical Assistants. Ensures Medical Assistants perform quality team-based patient care under the direct supervision of clinicians for both clinical and administrative functions to promote health and wellness in a safe and friendly environment. Supports clinicians and care management teams in the maintenance of chronic disease management, examination and treatment of pediatric patient population. Specialty trained as applicable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Supports practice manager and PA management in the training, development and competency evaluation of the Medical Assistant staff, the monitoring of patient visit time and experience, office, staff compliance to organization’s infection prevention program, medication management, vaccine cold chain handling and storage, and ensure appropriate stock levels of clinical supplies.
- May assume all clinical administrative responsibilities in the absence of the Practice Manager.
- Maintains high quality patient experience, welcomes patients; ensures a safe patient environment, office and exam room cleanliness and appropriate supplies and equipment for patient care in adherence to infection control policy and procedures.
- Performs and documents patient’s intake vitals to include but limited to height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rate; repeat and notify clinician of any abnormal findings.
- Interviews patient based on age appropriateness and/or specialty needs with accurate documentation and update medical records to include chief complaint, current medications with drug name, dosing, route, medication and food allergies with reaction and severity, vaccine, medical, surgical, family, social histories, any barriers to care and home status. Obtains necessary medical records, consultation notes, hospital inpatient and/or ED discharge records, diagnostic and laboratory results for clinician review and treatment follow-up as needed.
- Prepares patient for clinician examination, ensure clinician orders performed and accurately documented. Performs with clinician supervision and assist clinicians in necessary age-appropriate vision, hearing screenings, electrocardiograms with repeat as needed, suture removal, ear lavages, urine cauterization, ear piercing, wound care, specialty procedures and emergency response with proper clinician supervision.
- Performs and documents vaccine and medication reconciliation with patient and state registry; provides written vaccine information statements, education of patients/parents prior to vaccine and medication administration.
- Ensures and adheres to vaccine cold change management with proper handling, storage, preparation and administration to include reporting vaccine excursion.
- Performs proper patient identifiers, buddy process validation as per policies, and performs proper vaccine and medication administration to include intramuscular, intradermal, subcutaneous injections with post observation.
- Completes patient follow up and tasks assigned to meet patient needs such as answers phones, handles correspondence, provides clinician with necessary information for prescription refill requests, obtains medication preauthorization, assists with patient referrals and patient form completion to include DME, therapy, school clearance, sports and medication forms, arranges home, hospital care, procedures and follow up appointments, etc.
- Proficient in lab services including phlebotomy, lab sample collection, quality controls, proper lab processing with documentation and reporting to clinician as outlined per policy.
Assists with leading and supervising Medical Assistants. Assists with performance evaluations.
EDUCATION: Minimum High School diploma required. Medical foreign doctors must have a Bachelor of Science degree in General Medicine from a regionally accredited university or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 3 years of Medical Assistant experience in a healthcare setting required. 2 years as a PA Medical Assistant preferred.
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION
- MA Diploma/Certification required OR a minimum of 3 years of MA experience will commensurate Diploma/Certification requirement
- MA Certification preferred
- Active BLS certification required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to lead and influence change with a team
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills to support and reassure pediatric patients and their families
- Maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the community
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology, and immunization
- Knowledge of medical safety practices and standards
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize
- Ability to communicate clearly both written and verbally
- Critical thinking to include emergency situation
- Proficiency in electronic health recordkeeping systems
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Patient-facing, direct patient care
- Travel to other office locations as needed with reimbursement outlined per company policy
- Indoor work, Excessive noise, Exposure to hazards
- Operating computer
OTHER PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Vision, Sense of sound, Sense of touch
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Reach outward, Manual dexterity, Reach above shoulder
- Lift/Carry 20 lbs. or less, Push/Pull 41-200 lbs.
- Sitting, Walking, Crawling, Squat or kneel, Bending
As an essential member of patient-centered medical home team, performs and meets best practice standards, quality and key performance indicators set forth by the organization.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI (Protected Health Information) in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
Effective October 15, 2021 Pediatric Associates requires all it's employees to be vaccinated for Covid-19.