Because the need to care for children in this age of Covid, is growing and changing, we are looking for Medical Assistants who want to be part of a mission-driven group that is focused on the health of children and the well-being of the family. This healthcare practice has grown from its South Florida roots since 1955 across the state into Texas, California, Arizona and New York. Each of our clinical offices allows you to be an integral part of a small, agile, clinical team. You would be the face of the practice, working with the children and their families, every day. The ideal MA at Pediatric Associates is one who genuinely cares for children and thrives in a fast-paced, clinical-team environment. We support your career growth, offering training, and tuition reimbursement, to facilitate promotion. Here at Pediatric Associates, our employees receive competitive salary, a generous PTO program, competitive benefits including a 401K with a Company match of up to 3.5% of your salary. Because of our locations around Florida and the US, you have the ability to relocate to a variety of locations, if that fits your growth plan. We offer flexible shifts, with full and part-time hours. With over 65 years of providing LOVING CARE to our patients, we offer the stability and security of an established practice with the excitement of a growing healthcare practice.
Benefits at a glance:
3 Comprehensive Medical Plans
Part Time Medical Plan
Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Company Paid
Long Term Disability (LTD) Company Paid
Short Term Disability (STD)
Voluntary Term Life Insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
401K Retirement Plan
Voluntary Benefit Plans
Life Assistance Plan (EAP)
Paid Time Off
*Floating positions receive an additional $2/hour on top of base salary and mileage.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Assist the Practice Manager to oversee daily clinical operations.
Responsible to ensure Medical Assistants perform quality team based patient care
under the direct supervision of clinicians for both clinical and administrative functions to
promote health and wellness in a safe and friendly environment. Support clinicians and
care management teams in the maintenance of chronic disease management,
examination and treatment of pediatric patient population. Specialty trained as
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that
may be assigned.)
1. Support practice manager and PA management on the training, development
and competency evaluation of the Medical Assistant staff, the monitoring of
patient visit time and experience, office, staff compliance to organization’s
infection prevention program, medication management, vaccine cold chain
handling and storage, and ensure appropriate stock levels of clinical supplies.
2. Maintain high quality patient experience, welcome patients; ensure a safe
patient environment, office and exam room cleanliness and appropriate
supplies and equipment for patient care in adherence to infection control
policy and procedures.
3. Perform and document patient’s intake vitals to include but limited to height,
weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rate; repeat and
notify clinician of any abnormal findings.
4. Interview patient based on age appropriateness and/or specialty needs with
accurate documentation and update medical records to include chief
complaint, current medications with drug name, dosing, route, medication and
food allergies with reaction and severity, vaccine, medical, surgical, family,
social histories, any barriers to care and home status. Obtain necessary
medical records, consultation notes, hospital inpatient and/or ED discharge
records, diagnostic and laboratory results for clinician review and treatment
follow-up as needed.
5. Prepare patient for clinician examination, ensure clinician orders performed
and accurately documented. Perform with clinician supervision and assist
clinicians in necessary age appropriate vision, hearing screenings,
electrocardiograms with repeat as needed, suture removal, ear lavages, urine
cauterization, ear piercing, wound care, specialty procedures and emergency
response with proper clinician supervision.
6. Perform and document vaccine and medication reconciliation with patient and
state registry; provide written vaccine information statements, education of
patients/parents prior to vaccine and medication administration.
7. Ensure and adhere to vaccine cold change management with proper
handling, storage, preparation and administration to include reporting vaccine
8. Perform proper patient identifiers, buddy process validation as per policies,
and perform proper vaccine and medication administration to include
intramuscular, intradermal, subcutaneous injections with post observation.
9. Complete patient follow up and tasks assigned to meet patient needs to
include but not limited to answering phones, handling correspondence,
prescription refill request providing clinician with necessary information as
needed, obtaining medication preauthorization, assisting with patient
referrals, patient form completion to include DME, therapy, school clearance,
sports and medication forms, arrange home, hospital care, procedures and
follow up appointments, etc.
10. Proficient in lab services to include but not limited to phlebotomy, lab sample
collection, quality controls, proper lab processing with documentation and
reporting to clinician as outlined per policy.
11. Medical assistants are essential members of patient-centered medical home
team and will perform and meet best practice standards, quality and key
performance indicators set forth by the organization.
12. Other various duties as assigned.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive
information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational
policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
* Direct patient care
* 15%-20% of travel to other office locations as needed with reimbursement outlined
per company policy
* Designated Medical Assistant float staff will be assigned to multiple designated
office locations as applicable
* Indoor Work
* Excessive Noise
* Operating Computer
* Exposure to Hazards
* Extreme Temperatures
* Reach Outward
* Manual Dexterity
* Reach above Shoulder
* Lift/Carry 20 lbs. or less
* Push/Pull 41-200 lbs.
* Squat or kneel
Other Physical Requirements:
* Sense of Sound
* Sense of Touch
* Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Medical foreign doctors must have a Bachelor of Science degree in General
Medicine from a regionally accredited university or equivalent.
* MA Diploma or 3 to 5 years of MA experience equivalence
* MA Certification preferred
* Active BLS certification required
Upon hire, and for the duration of the employment period, reliable transportation
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 3 to 5 years of Medical Assistant Experience in a healthcare
setting required. A minimum of 3 years as a PA Medical Assistant preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Ability to lead and influence change with a team
* Excellent interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills to support and
reassure pediatric patients and their families
* Maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the
* Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
* Knowledge of basic medical terminology, and immunization
* Knowledge of medical safety practices and standards
* Ability to plan, prioritize and organize
* Ability to communicate clearly both written and verbally
* Critical thinking to include emergency situation
* Proficiency in electronic health recordkeeping systems