Pediatric Associates is offering a $2,000 Sign-On Bonus for New Medical Assistant applicants selected for an opportunity, starting today, July 21st through Aug. 18th 2021.
We are looking for intelligent, caring individuals in Pembroke Pines, FL, with a background as an EMT, MA, CNA or LPN, who would like to join a mission-driven group that is focused on the health of children and the well-being of the family. This healthcare practice has grown from its South Florida roots since 1955 across the state into Texas, California, Arizona and New York. Each of our clinical offices allows you to be an integral part of a small, agile, clinical team. You would be the face of the practice, working with the children and their families every day. The ideal MA at Pediatric Associates is one who genuinely cares for children and thrives in a fast-paced, clinical-team environment. We support your career growth, offering training and tuition reimbursement to facilitate promotion. Here at Pediatric Associates, our employees receive competitive salary, a generous PTO program, competitive benefits including a 401K with a Company match of up to 3.5%. Because of our locations around Florida and the US, you have the ability to relocate to a variety of locations, if that fits your growth plan. We offer flexible shifts, with full and part-time hours. With over 65 years of providing LOVING CARE to our patients, we offer the stability and security of an established practice with the excitement of a growing healthcare practice.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Perform quality team based patient care under the direct supervision of a clinician for both clinical and administrative functions to promote health and wellness in a safe and friendly environment. Supports clinician and care management teams in the maintenance of chronic disease management, examination and treatment of pediatric patient population. Specialty trained by Pediatric Associates when appropriate.
REPORTS TO: Practice Manager
* The ability to travel 15%-20% to other office locations as needed
* MA Diploma/Certification with 1 year experience OR 3 to 5 years of MA experience in lieu of Diploma/Certification OR EMT, LPN, CNA experience.
* Active BLS certification required
WHAT YOU’RE DAY WILL LOOK LIKE:
1.You get to drive the high quality patient experience. You are the face of the organization. You get to welcome patients; ensure a safe patient environment, office and exam room cleanliness and appropriate supplies and equipment for patient care in adherence to infection control policy and procedures.
2. You Perform & document patient’s intake vitals to include but limited to height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rate; repeat and notify clinician of any abnormal findings.
3. You interview the patient based on age appropriateness and/or specialty needs, with accurate documentation & update medical records to include chief complaint, current medications, with drug name, dosing, route, medication & food allergies with reaction & severity, vaccine, medical, surgical, family, social histories, any barriers to care, as well as home status. You will obtain necessary medical records, consultation notes, hospital inpatient and/or ED discharge records, diagnostic & lab results for clinician review, treatment & follow-up as needed.
4. You prepare your patient for clinician exam, ensure clinician orders are performed & accurately documented. You will perform with clinician supervision & assist clinicians in necessary age appropriate vision, hearing screenings, electrocardiograms, suture removal, ear lavages, urine cauterization, ear-piercing, wound care, specialty procedures & emergency response with proper clinician supervision.
5. You perform & document vaccine & medication reconciliation with patient & state registry; provide written vaccine information statements, education of patients/parents prior to vaccine and medication administration.
6. You ensure and adhere to vaccine cold change management with proper handling, storage, preparation and administration to include reporting vaccine excursion.
7. You perform proper patient identifiers, buddy process validation as per policies, perform proper vaccine and medication administration to include intramuscular, intradermal, subcutaneous injections with post observation.
8.You complete patient follow up and tasks assigned to meet patient needs to include but not limited to answering phones, handling correspondence, prescription refill request providing clinician with necessary information as needed, obtaining medication pre-authorization, assisting with patient referrals, patient form completion to include DME, therapy, school clearance, sports and medication forms, arrange home, hospital care, procedures and follow-up appointments, etc.
9.You might perform phlebotomy, lab sample collection and proper processing with documentation and report to clinician as outlined per policy.
10. Medical assistants are essential members of patient-centered medical home team!
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Medical foreign doctors must have a Bachelor of Science degree in General Medicine from a regionally accredited university or equivalent.
* MA Diploma/Certification with 1 year experience OR 3 to 5 years of MA experience in lieu of Diploma/Certification. OR EMT, CNA, LPN experience and training.
?? Active BLS certification required