Medical Office Assistant
TITLE: MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT
SUMMARY: This position is primarily responsible for support with the daily activities of a medical office including patient service, filing, telephone coverage, appointment scheduling, registration, and patient referrals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Core duties and responsibilities include the following.
* Update and maintain an electronic patient system as required
* Answer telephone and either respond to inquiry, direct caller to appropriate personnel, or initiate a triage slip for response from medical personnel
* Schedule appointments and enter appointment date and time into computerized scheduler
* Conduct and/or assist in reminder calls to patients
* Greet and direct patients, salespeople, and visitors
* Register patients and patient verification
* Make appropriate updates in computer system and on patient's chart
* Prepare all billing in computerized system for processing by finance
* Collect payments, verify insurance, and reconcile daily cash reports
* Assist in resolving patient complaints
* All other duties assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Must have high school transcript/diploma or GED equivalent