Pediatric Associates is offering a $5K Sign-On Bonus for New Medical Receptionist Float applicants selected for an opportunity.
Because the need to care for children in this age is growing and changing, we are looking for team members who want to be part of a mission-driven group that is focused on the health of children and the well-being of the family. Each of our clinical offices allows you to be an integral part of a small, agile, medical office team.
The ideal employee at Pediatric Associates is one who genuinely cares for children and thrives in a fast-paced, clinical-team environment. We support your career growth, offering training, and tuition reimbursement, to facilitate promotion. Here at Pediatric Associates, our employees receive competitive salary, a generous PTO program, competitive benefits including a 401K with a Company match of up to 3.5%. Because of our locations around Florida and the US, you have the ability to relocate to a variety of locations, if that fits your growth plan. We offer flexible shifts, with full and part-time hours. With over 65 years of providing LOVING CARE to our patients, we offer the stability and security of an established practice with the excitement of a growing healthcare practice.
Benefits at a glance:
3 Comprehensive Medical Plans
Part Time Medical Plan
Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Company Paid
Long Term Disability (LTD) Company Paid
Short Term Disability (STD)
Voluntary Term Life Insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
401K Retirement Plan
Voluntary Benefit Plans
Life Assistance Plan (EAP)
Paid Time Off
***Floating positions receive an additional $2/hour on top of base salary and mileage:
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be able to float between our 3 offices: Jacksonville Town Center, Bartram, and Downtown
- Greeter, instructs, directs and schedules patients and visitors. Serves as a liaison between patient and medical support staff.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned:
- Answer incoming calls in a courteous & professional manner.
- Screen calls.
- Receive and convey messages electronically, in writing and verbally.
- Schedule appointments according to office scheduling policies.
- Greet patients & visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner & direct to the appropriate area.
- Assist with chart retrieval, set up new patient chart/ EHR chart, Ensure lab results, physician’s reports, day sheets are properly placed.
- Scan, upload and distribute chart documents in document manager
- Check-in/ Check-out patients in a timely mannerPrint debit tickets
- Mark patients accordingly in Patient Tracking System
- Follow PA policy related to cashier functions
- Check balances and credits
- Collect co-pay and/or payments according to insurance plan
- Discuss & interpret patient balance information within the guidelines of Pediatric Associates collection policy.
- Verify Insurance
- Ability to update medical record and computer system with new information
- Post charges and payments
- Match procedures with correct diagnosis
- Reconcile charges & payments
- Complete referral authorization requests & provide patients with referral information
- Sort and deliver mail, medical records and other correspondence
- Maintain work area and lobby in neat and orderly manner
- Participate in staff & educational meetings
- PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to learn & practice Pediatric Associate procedures, policies and protocols. Requires proficient grammar, spelling and verbal skills to communicate with patient, providers and staff in written documents. Ability to read, comprehend, follow oral and written instructions. Interact effectively, supportively with staff & maintain a professional working relation. Provide excellent customer service; greet & receive patients/ visitors in a professional and friendly manner. Maintain professional and excellent phone skills & etiquette, must be able to speak clearly and concise. Use good judgment & maintain patient confidentiality. Must be able to file alpha and numerically. Requires experience in using a computer system, scanner, printer, fax etc.
- Prefer one year work experience in a medical office setting. Knowledge of computer and medical terminology desired.
- Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
***Effective October 15, 2021 all employees must provide proof of vaccination for Covid-19***